Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum CLs to keep these Chase cards?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Minimum CLs to keep these Chase cards?

If I get a CSR, and if my personal SPG becomes a Marriott Premier (and I decide to keep it)...I might end up with 6 Chase cards:

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, IHG, Hyatt, CSR, Marriott

If I need to move some CL, what would be the minimum CL I'd need to leave on each of these six cards?

I do not, at least at this time, want to close any of the accounts entirely.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Minimum CLs to keep these Chase cards?

I want to say $500, at least that is what I've seen in the past with Freedom/Freedom Unlimited cards. I am not sure if Chase will require higher limits for Visa Signture/World MasterCards, but if the Amazon Prime Visa Signature is any indication, Chase no longer requires $5K limits for Signature/World MasterCard.

Message 2 of 10
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Since Marriott signed a cobrand deal with Chase and Amex, I don't think the SPG Amex will convert to Marriott Premier. We'll see what the future holds, though.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 3 of 10
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

this is a query for chase, ask them.  if you do get rid of some I have dibs on the Hyatt & Marriott

Message 4 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

For F and FU it will be $500. CSR would be $10k. I would assume the cobranded cards are also $500.

Because Amex will be handling only the business and super premium consumer cards, it’s extremely likely that consumer SPG cards will go to Chase.
Message 5 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

When I called recon for my IHG card and offered to move credit from my FU, I was told the minimum product CL on IHG was $2000.

Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Alot of them are 2k min.. some obviously being CSR/Ritz is 10k..  a few such as amazon etc are 500.. Things such as freedom unsure of if you have signature if must be 5k.  Most simple thing is to call and ask from the horses mouth IMO.

Message 7 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

So with CSR and Ritz, it's not just that they require $10k minimum SLs, but also that they cannot be subsequently reduced via reallocation below $10k?

I'll call if and when I app. SPG is one of my bigger limits and with little interest in a Marriott Premier, that might be a necessary sacrifice. I'd sooner have 1.5 URs.

Message 8 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

So with CSR and Ritz, it's not just that they require $10k minimum SLs, but also that they cannot be subsequently reduced via reallocation below $10k?

I'll call if and when I app. SPG is one of my bigger limits and with little interest in a Marriott Premier, that might be a necessary sacrifice. I'd sooner have 1.5 URs.

Actually they can go lower than 10k as I took from my CL on my Ritz and moved it to CSR and I believe I closed out the ritz with a few thousand left on it for futher "meat" on the bones with chose if I ever choose to get another card with them.  Not sure if you can say keep the Ritz with less than 10k though.  Others might know this better than myself

I know when the ritz wa still a signature card before infinite the way people "got around" the AF was to drop their CL to 1k thus the card act I think took into effect and they got their AF's removed automatically.. I assume chase has fixed this by now or I would hope they have as people took advantage of that and thus things like the 5/24 rule and other wonderful things followed in part due to stuff like that sigh.. collect bonus and two airline credits and then reduce CL and get AF back costing chase a boat load.

Message 9 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Actually they can go lower than 10k as I took from my CL on my Ritz and moved it to CSR and I believe I closed out the ritz with a few thousand left on it for futher "meat" on the bones with chose if I ever choose to get another card with them.  Not sure if you can say keep the Ritz with less than 10k though.  Others might know this better than myself

I know when the ritz wa still a signature card before infinite the way people "got around" the AF was to drop their CL to 1k thus the card act I think took into effect and they got their AF's removed automatically.. I assume chase has fixed this by now or I would hope they have as people took advantage of that and thus things like the 5/24 rule and other wonderful things followed in part due to stuff like that sigh.. collect bonus and two airline credits and then reduce CL and get AF back costing chase a boat load.

Last I heard, people couldn't drop R-C below $2k (the fix), but that was when it was VS.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.