Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Income and Amex Plat

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minimum Income and Amex Plat

Hello All,

I was hoping someone could provide me guidance before I apply for an Amex Plat Charge. My current income is 24k but I travel a good bit. My taravel is paid for and I have the option of paying for travel and being reinbursed for it. This travel is not included in the 24k. They sent me an offer for 25k MR with 1k spend in 3 months and im really considering this card. I was wondering if this income would be enough for this card though. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Minimum Income and Amex Plat

I think so

Message 2 of 10
andre181
Established Contributor

As long as your income is enough for you to pay your living expenses and repay whatever debt you have, its probably enough.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. Currently have no debt and dont ever charge what I cant pay in full.

Message 4 of 10
hemi961
Regular Contributor

If you go to the Amex website and apply for the card without using you pre-approval they will give you 50,000. MR points. They will pull your credit either way and you'll either measure up or you won't regardless of any pre-approval they may have sent you. If it were me, I would forget the offer and app cold from the website. It has always worked for me.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hemi961 wrote:
If you go to the Amex website and apply for the card without using you pre-approval they will give you 50,000. MR points. They will pull your credit either way and you'll either measure up or you won't regardless of any pre-approval they may have sent you. If it were me, I would forget the offer and app cold from the website. It has always worked for me.

Where do you see 50k MR for Plat? Ive cleared my cookied and tried firefox, chrome, and safari. No offers come up.

Message 6 of 10
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hemi961 wrote:

Where do you see 50k MR for Plat? Ive cleared my cookied and tried firefox, chrome, and safari. No offers come up.

50K offer expired a short while back.  There were a couple links that still had it active after it was supposed to expire, but I don't think those are active anymore either.  This was the last time I saw an active link.  I haven't checked it again because I don't feel like clearing my cookies, but you can try it.  http://thepointsguy.com/2011/04/american-express-platinum-card-50000-sign-up-bonus-link/

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You said that you would be reimburse for your travel expense, but they wouldn't reimburse $450 of AF would they? Can you pay AF of $450 up front?

I would suggest applying using preapproval, since I can't find 50000 MR points offering.

Message 8 of 10
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Sorry about that. My computer has been in the shop for about a week now and I have been using my IPAD and didn't realize I had logged into my Amex account with it a couple of weeks ago and so the offer I saw probably has expired. I have seen offers better than the pre-approved ones many times, but it looks like the 25,000 may be the best out there right now.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. If 25k is the most they have at the moment then ill take that. Not exactly aware of the major difference between Membership Rewards and Membership Rewards First other than some more luxery brands. If anyone could chime in on that it would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.