cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Payment on Chase Slate

Valued Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate

Only problem is it wouldn't do me any good, because it would go to a different state. I am sure she has her cardmember agreement.

 

I just hope the minimum payment is high, but not too high if that makes sense...haha

 

Maybe I can set up a blueprint plan for her and convince her that is the minimum payment Smiley Tongue

 

Some people think the minimum payment is their bill and that is what they pay. I think I have got her beyond that, but I will see.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 28
Senior Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate

Yes please teach her to pay more!!!! I always pay more, if not in full.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 28
Super Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate

Def get her to pay more than min. I know it is an intro apr period now, but i feel like some people get so used to carrying a balance in their intro period, the habit carries over after their new apr takes effect.
Message 23 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate


jsucool76 wrote:
Def get her to pay more than min. I know it is an intro apr period now, but i feel like some people get so used to carrying a balance in their intro period, the habit carries over after their new apr takes effect.

I think I am going to utilize the intro period on my freedom card. Then just PIF the month before the promo ends. Just back the charges with an interest bearing account while floating the charges at 0% Smiley Happy

 

If I keep my reported balances low and PIF on all other accounts, what do you think is the most I could safely put on my freedom card utilization wise? I don't want an AA from other creditors.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 28
Super Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate


Dustink wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:
Def get her to pay more than min. I know it is an intro apr period now, but i feel like some people get so used to carrying a balance in their intro period, the habit carries over after their new apr takes effect.

I think I am going to utilize the intro period on my freedom card. Then just PIF the month before the promo ends. Just back the charges with an interest bearing account while floating the charges at 0% Smiley Happy

 

If I keep my reported balances low and PIF on all other accounts, what do you think is the most I could safely put on my freedom card utilization wise? I don't want an AA from other creditors.

 


I thought about doing that with my cap1 card. I paid rent with it for a total of like $2200 and I was like "oh, I'll just keep that in my MMA and earn interest, 0% period on my card!" but I ended up getting scared and PIF. 

 

I wouldn't go above like...60% if you're planning on carrying it for a long time, I don't really know. Smiley Tongue 

Message 25 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate



I thought about doing that with my cap1 card. I paid rent with it for a total of like $2200 and I was like "oh, I'll just keep that in my MMA and earn interest, 0% period on my card!" but I ended up getting scared and PIF. 

 

I wouldn't go above like...60% if you're planning on carrying it for a long time, I don't really know. Smiley Tongue 


 

HAHA yeah I keep paying it to keep it under 20%. I am so paranoid and it hasn't even generated it's first statement yet.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 26 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yes please teach her to pay more!!!! I always pay more, if not in full.


I called her and she was up for the $125 payments...woot! That's some progress.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 27 of 28
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Minimum Payment on Chase Slate

Lol I do that on any 0% apr card I get. I have

Freedom Visa 0% 15 mos
Travelocity Amex 0% 12 mos
Motiva 0% 15 mos
Amex BCE 0% 12 mos

Haha. Too much cheap credit! I have to restrict myself now!!!! Lol
But I'm all about investing the cash and floating a balance, while also keeping my util low. Util is like 10% currently. There is money to be made. Suze Orman would kill me if I told her that :-0

It's weird to me that older generations are either
A. Super frugal(depression era)
Or
B. Love to take on debt and cheap credit and like to just make the minimums (my mom's category-she's 40) hahaha, also refer to: baby boomer gen!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 28