cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Redemption Levels for Cash Back - I don't like them!

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Minimum Redemption Levels for Cash Back - I don't like them!

I have both QS and Freedom as my cash back cards. For the most part I don't want to think about which card to use and when so QS gets used most.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 21 of 25
driftless
Valued Contributor

minicooper Post-Script: Mini S Countryman with manual here. Red w/stripes.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:

Driftless - 2009 Mini Clubman with manual here All black (including wheels) 118,000 miles and still going!

Message 23 of 25
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

Driftless - 2009 Mini Clubman with manual here All black (including wheels) 118,000 miles and still going!

Very cool!
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CluelessJohn wrote:

I'm generally a believer that 2% cash back is better than 1.5%, but I shelved my Citi DC and started using a CapOne QS card for general spend.  Citi DC had the $25 minimum and other redemption issues since I don't have a Citi checking account.  I know I'm leaving money on the table but I prefer the instant gratification.

I agree and I feel like at the end of the day, getting 1.5% quickly is better than 2% and having to wait for it. 

Consider an alternative view: If there was an investment that would give you an easy return of 33% per month, would you be interested? I certainly would be!

Well, if you wait a month to have $20 instead of $15 today, you're earning 33% a month. By taking less money early (taking 1.5% now vs. waiting for 2%), you're basically borrowing from your future potential rewards at an annual interest rate of ((1.33)^12)-1=29.63 (2963% per year).

Not even First Premier charges that much in interest.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.