Rakdawg

Minimum credit score needed for credit card

I want to apply for an unsecured credit card but I don't want to have a hit to my credit report and get denied.  What is the minimum score I need to apply for credit and what recommendations do you have for cards to apply to with a low score under 600.  Thank you.
Valued Member
heatherbee

Re: Minimum credit score needed for credit card

Try Orchard Bank. They work well for rebuilding credit.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Welcome to the forums!

Under 600 is very tough sledding. You may be able to get a subprime card like Fisrt Premier, but do you really want to pay the fees? Consider a secured card that will convert. Why are your scores so low? What is on your CBR?

Regular Contributor
VEEVEE

You can also try credit one bank. They approved me for 250.00 when credit score was in 500's.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+