Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum scores for secured CC?

tag
Candice
Contributor

Minimum scores for secured CC?

I just mailed my app for a B of A secured CC yesterday, but now I am scared after reading some posts on here that I will not qualify. My scores are listed below, I have 1 CC with 4 lates that has been PIF but closed by grantor, 1 CC that is now current but has 12 lates, and 5 collections ( the latest from 9/07). Any opinions? Also if anyone has any suggestions for a different secured card that I may qualify for, please let me know?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Minimum scores for secured CC?

I would look to start repairing first, your scores are too low to get something worthwhile. Once you have your scores in the high 500's, you should be good for a BoA secured card. Start working on your most recent baddies, anything 2 years old or less.
Message 2 of 4
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

i reccommend the U S Bank secured card. your deposit money has to be certified funds/money order. but they will probably approve you.
Message 3 of 4
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

My first secured card was with WaMu. They require a deposit on the card, minimum $500. Their service is outstanding though, I'm very happy with them. Their online credit management tools are pretty usefull too, including a free monthly update on your TU credit score.

I had many more problems with BoA to get a card... might be worthwhile to check out WaMu if you're shopping.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.