Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Minimum

Im carrying a couple of balances. but no way would i pay the minimum. i paid my taxes with my Discover back in april. and i knew it would take me some time to pay off. it is current still at the 0 percent promo rate until November at which time i will pay some interest. but overall. it wont be that much. until i pay it off. i figure after then another 6 months to pay off. as it will not be a priority since i will be traveling. but even so. i will pay4-6 times minimum. although my minimum is $65 bucks.

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

your taxes must be crazy my friend! have you thought about asking them to extend the 0% offer for you?
Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

The real question is whether a new HP a lender does gets to see the max charged on a card or not.

When I get my real Equifax report from Equifax, it shows the max I've charged on a card, even though the card reports a $0 balance (or like $10, cuz sometimes I think it's fun to do that if I don't PIF).

When I get any other "report" (such as through this website) it just shows what the CC companies have reported.

So does a CC company, when they HP you, see the watered down version or do they see what you actually have charged and paid?

Message 43 of 47
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
your taxes must be crazy my friend! have you thought about asking them to extend the 0% offer for you?

They are crazy. I did not file for several years. and was forced to file for 4 years at once. to get caught up with Uncle Sam. so 4 years of taxes paid in the last 9 months. you can't imagine how tough that is. Discover did extend the BT offer for another year. and i transfered some balances to keep getting the 0 percent. So even though i have the Double Cash offer. i can't charge anything on my card until i pay it down. once i get it down to about 2k. i will use it again. Its ok if they don't extend it any further. Im just in pay down mode .

Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

totally understandable man. sorry that had to happen.

and skinmatters, i think they just see your watered down latest report of what you CURRENTLY owe, not your max ever. otherwise i couldn't finance a hotdog
Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maximum

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay min and swing by later and hit with what I can on the ones with balances I carry. The statements are going to show credits and charges, no care if one of 2 or 3 was minimum.
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.