Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor Success with Capital One online CS

tag
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Minor Success with Capital One online CS

The annual fee finally hit on my secured card and the EO never contacted me back after 2 weeks and 3 emails. So, I decided to try their online chat. Got the typicall we can't remove the annual fee crap. As I have in the past, I asked to speak to the persons supervisor. Ended up getting $15 of the AF refunded. Better than nothing as this is my oldest line and I would like to keep it open.

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Minor Success with Capital One online CS

It is good to know the online chat can still accomplish something! If not completely what you wanted.

The EO is usually helpful once you can get them, but they are not the "we'll figure it out right here on the phone" type of EO. They're the call back and forth and take 3 weeks kind of EO. I've been attempting to get an answer on whether I can upgrade to Visa Signature for over 2 weeks. Plenty of phone calls, no real answer to what seems like a fairly simple question. Just tell me yes or no!

I'm glad you got something out of the chat. Asking for a supervisor can certainly help even if it's not EO the person will have more power than the original person you chatted with

Message 2 of 4
Josh611
Regular Contributor

UPDATE

Just got a call from the EO. They waived my annual fee. I wonder if they will take away the $15 credit since I haven't paid the annual fee yet lol. Glad they canceled it. Now if only I could have it unsecured into something usefulSmiley Happy

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 3 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

That's good they finally called you back. Despite multiple assurances that I will recieve a call back from "Joshua" from the EO, it's been a week and I have yet to be able to get ahold of him or recieve a call back. It's getting a little annoying, not because I care so much about the issue at hand but just because if you say you are gonna call me "tomorrow", you should, and it should not be a week and counting since you said that. I know these people are busy but come on. A simple 30 second phone call to say "Hi, kdm, we can't upgrade your card to Visa Sig because xyz" or "We can and have sent it out!" will suffice.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.