cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Cap1-Kohl's card payment - what to do?

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Missed Cap1-Kohl's card payment - what to do?

You could always try and butter them up and explain the situation with a GW letter sent to the Exec office 

Message 21 of 22
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Missed Cap1-Kohl's card payment - what to do?

@vish1 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:
So you were late with the payment due on the September statement? If so, it shouldn't report as late on your credit reports. Two consecutive late fees will affect your credit.

Oh duh! Ya if the payment was due on like the 26th and the next statement generated on like the 15th of the next month then you wont have a negative remark on your credit report.

Sept Statement date: 9/6/2012.           Due date: 10/2/2012        Amount: 47.67  

Oct Statement date:  10/7/2012           Due date: 11/2/2012        Amount: 63.67  (47.67+15+1)

Payment made on 10/8/2012   Payment Amount 63.67

Good luck with kohls.  I did something similar 4 years ago... I was legitimately late (thought I'd used a gift card, not my charge so was very VERY late in actually paying it).  However, I think since it was the september billing cycle that was not paid, they'll fight to keep that 30day late on the report.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.