Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Payment on my Capital One

tag
falcon7xx
Contributor

Missed Payment on my Capital One

I was out of the country for the past 2 weeks and I put a payment through with my bank to pay my capital one credit card. However, it did not go through for some reason and I just returned home today to find out that i missed the payment that was due 6/21. Should I call capital one tomorrow to explain what happened and pay it over the phone. I have been working so hard on getting my credit back and I just do not want this to hurt me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Re: Missed Payment on my Capital One

Call and make the payment, this shouldnt hurt ur credit; it's 30 days that dings your report.  Did you not have internet overseas?  Always good to check once a week on accounts. GL on getting this resolved.

Message 2 of 7
falcon7xx
Contributor

I did have internet overseas, but I just totally dismissed it. I figured since I did it I would not have to check.

Thanks for the help

Message 3 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

You'll likely have to pay the late fee, but insofar as it being reported to the bureaus, I think you're in the clear.
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 4 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

it would have to be 30 days late to be reported as a 30 day late. worst that can happen is a late fee and apr increase

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 7
dude11
Regular Contributor

To the OP nothing to worry about. You won't be charged a late fee unless it is 30 days late and then that will also be reported to your CRs. Since you caught it before the 30 days as long as you pay the minimum you will be alright. This happened to me as well not too long ago with Cap One. I missed it by one day and was told what I just mentioned.
Message 6 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

@dude11 wrote:
To the OP nothing to worry about. You won't be charged a late fee unless it is 30 days late and then that will also be reported to your CRs. Since you caught it before the 30 days as long as you pay the minimum you will be alright. This happened to me as well not too long ago with Cap One. I missed it by one day and was told what I just mentioned.

Most CCCs will charge you a late fee a millisecond after your due date passes; I doubt CapOne would be any different.

OP, your credit score should be fine but in all likelihood you will incur a fee. You can try calling them up, explaining the situation, and ask them to waive the fee. Also beware of residual interest.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.