Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missed Payment

My payment of 20.00 was due yesterday. And I completely forgot about it. I woke up this morning and realize that I missed a payment for the first time. So I immediately called into AMEX BLUE customer service and the rep told me it wouldn't be a problem that I was late. So I made a payment of $500 just to bring my total balance a little lower. I also have a AMEX GOLD Rewards card for about a year and a half and I never been late. Any one experience having a late payment with AMEX and has anything bad happened account wise?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Missed Payment

Given that you weren't 30 days late, there shouldn't be a hit to your credit reports. I don't know how Amex will react to a 1 day late payment, but I think you'll be fine. Just to be sure that it doesn't happen again, though, I'd set up an automatic payment for at least the minimum balance each month. That way, you're covered in the event that it slips your mind, or you're unavailable.

Message 2 of 4
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

+1

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

My payment of 20.00 was due yesterday. And I completely forgot about it. I woke up this morning and realize that I missed a payment for the first time. So I immediately called into AMEX BLUE customer service and the rep told me it wouldn't be a problem that I was late. So I made a payment of $500 just to bring my total balance a little lower. I also have a AMEX GOLD Rewards card for about a year and a half and I never been late. Any one experience having a late payment with AMEX and has anything bad happened account wise?

You might want to set up an automatic payment on both your cards. If nothing else, that will show AmEx that you don't plan on this happening again.

But no, if you've been a good customer, they generally don't get all bent out of shape on this.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.