Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Sign Up Bonus - Second Chance?

tag
Essence
Contributor

Missed Sign Up Bonus - Second Chance?

Hi all,

When I recieved my Amex ED card a year or so ago, I either didn't pay attention to the sign up bonus, or was just unaware. (Silly, I know) 

Has anyone been able to have the bonus reinstated at a later time for a second chance at meeting it? I chatted with a CSR who said it was not possible, but has anyone had success? Should I be persistant? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Missed Sign Up Bonus - Second Chance?

Slim chance.. Occasionally certain creditors will extendby a few weeks or a month, but doubtful this long past the time.

Message 2 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Essence wrote:

Hi all,

When I recieved my Amex ED card a year or so ago, I either didn't pay attention to the sign up bonus, or was just unaware. (Silly, I know) 

Has anyone been able to have the bonus reinstated at a later time for a second chance at meeting it? I chatted with a CSR who said it was not possible, but has anyone had success? Should I be persistant? 

After a year, very very doubtful. Sorry. Chalk it up to a missed opportunity.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Essence wrote:

Hi all,

Your chances at getting it reinstated on this card is about zero but down the road you could always cancel your existing card and reapply.  Then, if approved, you would be eligible for the bonus

Message 4 of 5
Essence
Contributor

That's what I thought. I personally wouldn't do that but it is interesting that I *could* still get the bonus in that case, but they won't reinstate it on my current card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.