cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed a payment on Walmart GE MoneyCRB

tag
Igotgreatcredit

Missed a payment on Walmart GE MoneyCRB

I have been building my credit very carefully for the past 4 years. But an overseas trip this year costs my credit a lot. I forgot to make payment on my Walmart GE MoneyCRB Card and they reported the 30-day past due to Credit bureau. My current average credit score is 785 and I am working on securing a mortgage loan soon. After I see the past due alert from my credit monitoring, I tried calling the GE Money/Walmart Credit Card asking them to remove it as a one time courtesy. But they denied my request twice in two days. Does anybody see a hope on getting rid of it from my credit report? if not, how much damage this single mistake costs me? Please reply. Thank you,
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Missed a payment on Walmart GE MoneyCRB

@Igotgreatcredit wrote:
I have been building my credit very carefully for the past 4 years. But an overseas trip this year costs my credit a lot. I forgot to make payment on my Walmart GE MoneyCRB Card and they reported the 30-day past due to Credit bureau. My current average credit score is 785 and I am working on securing a mortgage loan soon. After I see the past due alert from my credit monitoring, I tried calling the GE Money/Walmart Credit Card asking them to remove it as a one time courtesy. But they denied my request twice in two days. Does anybody see a hope on getting rid of it from my credit report? if not, how much damage this single mistake costs me? Please reply. Thank you,

Welcome to the forum

Send a very nice loyal, always pay on time, love my account, balh blah blah, customer secured message and hope for the best

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 29
lithium78
Established Contributor

Keep sending them GW letters until they remove it.  I dealt with the same kind of issue with cards I had with HSBC, but tenacity paid off.  I got them to remove a 30 day late from one card and a 90 day late from another.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 29
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Igotgreatcredit wrote:

Automated payments are your friend. Schedule at least the minimum to be paid automatically and you're ALWAYS covered. Smiley Tongue Good luck!

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 29
Vikz27
New Contributor

Call in again and say that you had an emergency and that's why you had to travel oversees. If they ask what kind of emergency say that a family member was ill. The CSR will take off the late fee and will correct the report to show that you were not late.
Message 5 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Vikz27 wrote:
Call in again and say that you had an emergency and that's why you had to travel oversees. If they ask what kind of emergency say that a family member was ill. The CSR will take off the late fee and will correct the report to show that you were not late.

The OP clearly mentioned it was an oversight.  In no way shape or form did the OP encourage or solicit to lie to the lender based on those curcumstances.  While some folks may cross the line in being dishonest, the lender reported the account accurately based on the missed payment.  The OP can certainly entertain sending a GW letter through the appropriate channels or discussing the situation with the lender to see if they are willing to work with removing the late mark.  Why resort to being dishonest?

Message 6 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

Like finstar said, there's no need to resort to being dishonest. Most lenders do take account history into consideration, and they are sometimes willing to cut the customer some slack if its just a one-time minor event like this. Try calling them and also writing goodwill letters. Just be really nice about requesting this and you should be okay.

Best of luck!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 29
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Gl! Good ol Abe's mantra still rules Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 29
Igotgreatcredit

Thank you all for your great advise. I prepared a GW letter and mailing out today. How frequently I should be sending it (until they act on my request)? Thanks again
Message 9 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Igotgreatcredit wrote:
Thank you all for your great advise. I prepared a GW letter and mailing out today. How frequently I should be sending it (until they act on my request)? Thanks again

Give them time to respond first and if no results send again ....wash rinse repeat 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.