cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistakenly overpaid Capitol One Balance?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Mistakenly overpaid Capitol One Balance?

I'm in credit steps and mistakenly paid $80 over my balance, will this mess my account up?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Mistakenly overpaid Capitol One Balance?

@Te3030 wrote:

I'm in credit steps and mistakenly paid $80 over my balance, will this mess my account up?

Not at all! This will merely give you an $80 credit to use as you will, or if not used in a certain period of time, will be refunded back to you in the form of a check.

Message 2 of 5
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Whew, Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Wow, I am shocked they let you make a payment 80.00 over account balance.  I tried to do that once and I was rejected.  I had pending charges as well.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 5
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Yeah normally they'll only accept like 10 dollars over the balance. But as said it will not effect your account. You'll just have an extra 80 dollars to spend before you owe again.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.