Frequent Contributor
HYPASS33

Mobile Pay Tag

BOA sent me a mobile pay tag today to put on back of my phone. Has anyone used these? They just don't seem real safe to me.
Revelate

Re: Mobile Pay Tag

HYPASS33 wrote:
BOA sent me a mobile pay tag today to put on back of my phone. Has anyone used these? They just don't seem real safe to me.

Personally I wouldn't touch it but I'm something of a luddite about such things.  Think the vast majority of these have historically been subject to some exploit or another, though I'm not certain it's really any more risky than simply swiping your card anyway in this day and age.   Fact is if someone wants to collect credit card numbers badly enough, it's not rocket science to do so.

Eventually we'll get to some non-contact form of payment, but I don't see any reason to be a guinea pig :smileyhappy:.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
guiness56

Contributor
Anf_dude

I Hate How Everyone Is So Paranoid Of These. I Use Them & Have One On Every Case I Mainly Use.
These a things Only Work When They're Held Back To Back To A Terminal. I Honestly Doubt People ago Around switch A Reader For These Things. Use It Or Destroy It.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}