@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

Book your flight to BKK yet?

yes i saw since sunday i believe, and i am actually starting to wonder if i should book KE to BKK or maybe transfer to UAL and book ANA or asiana to BKK. The reason why i would use UAL over KE is fuel surcharges. its 150 KE vs 160k UAL but KE has fuel surcharges around 500 UAL is around 100 at the most. 

I have heard ana and asiana have pretty good business class products so i need to think about it !!! 

You mean that even though Chase went to all that work to bring KAL back just for you, now you might not use it!

Sir i could still use Korean air to travel to Hawaii so I could still use it !!! 25k econ from JFK to Maui is still good value !!

25k not bad at all.  I'll have to see what it is from LAX to Maui/Oahu/Kauai.  I used to live on Oahu, I'd like to go back for a visit.

From cali it may be better to use BA since its distance based so it may be only 25 k also. If you have an MR card the transfer bonus to BA would be an good option. 

OK.  I've been so fixated on hotels that my flight strategies have taken a backburner.  That's next up for research and development.

Message 11 of 19
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: Mongstradamus, did you see KAL is officially back on the UR

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

yes i saw since sunday i believe, and i am actually starting to wonder if i should book KE to BKK or maybe transfer to UAL and book ANA or asiana to BKK. The reason why i would use UAL over KE is fuel surcharges. its 150 KE vs 160k UAL but KE has fuel surcharges around 500 UAL is around 100 at the most. 

I have heard ana and asiana have pretty good business class products so i need to think about it !!! 

Funny how everyone thought of you when hearing the news of KESmiley Happy  But, yes, the fuel charges can be a letdown for the "free" tickets.  Tried getting AF J tickets through Alaska but no avail so had to spend $500 and book thru Flying Blue.  Same with SQ F, had to spend $500 and 142k Krisflyer miles.  I did get 2 RT J on ANA through UAL for 150k for $50 each though.

Will be first time on ANA J in 787 Dreamliner so will be excited to try a new product for me.  I've flown Asiana in the "Quadra Smartium" business class seats.  Pretty good lie flat seats, very private (feels like you're in a cubicle) so good if traveling alone.  Asiana J food is good and service is always good, too.

Message 12 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

Funny how everyone thought of you when hearing the news of KESmiley Happy  But, yes, the fuel charges can be a letdown for the "free" tickets.  Tried getting AF J tickets through Alaska but no avail so had to spend $500 and book thru Flying Blue.  Same with SQ F, had to spend $500 and 142k Krisflyer miles.  I did get 2 RT J on ANA through UAL for 150k for $50 each though.

Will be first time on ANA J in 787 Dreamliner so will be excited to try a new product for me.  I've flown Asiana in the "Quadra Smartium" business class seats.  Pretty good lie flat seats, very private (feels like you're in a cubicle) so good if traveling alone.  Asiana J food is good and service is always good, too.

maybe i am just getting old but i was pretty uncomfortable flying in economy on my last trip in septemeber. So i am going to look at using points for business this time. I think the plan is probably use AA miles to fly one way cathay, i don't think there should be that much in fuel surcharges due to using AA. Return flight will probably be ANA or Asiana have to do more research which would be better for me. 50 dollars in surcharges is doable for an 5000 dollar flight haha. 

My only issue right now is cathay availability isn't the greatest either you have to look 330 days out or 1-5 days out nothing really available for anything in between 5 days and 330 days haha. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

maybe i am just getting old but i was pretty uncomfortable flying in economy on my last trip in septemeber. So i am going to look at using points for business this time. I think the plan is probably use AA miles to fly one way cathay, i don't think there should be that much in fuel surcharges due to using AA. Return flight will probably be ANA or Asiana have to do more research which would be better for me. 50 dollars in surcharges is doable for an 5000 dollar flight haha. 

My only issue right now is cathay availability isn't the greatest either you have to look 330 days out or 1-5 days out nothing really available for anything in between 5 days and 330 days haha. 

Yea I am having the same issue. It is such a pain if you need to schedule your trip around work. Also, I flew China airlines from BKK to NYC in economy and it was the absolute worst flight I have ever had in terms of comfort. Was in soo much pain from being crammed into those little seats with no leg room

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

Yea I am having the same issue. It is such a pain if you need to schedule your trip around work. Also, I flew China airlines from BKK to NYC in economy and it was the absolute worst flight I have ever had in terms of comfort. Was in soo much pain from being crammed into those little seats with no leg room

i flew emirates to bkk in sept in econ and had bulk head seat whole flight , which would give me more leg room still was uncomfortable. The only mainland china airline i will fly is cathay, i don't trust the other ones lol. Btw have you looked at EWR to BKK on cathay i found an tad more availability when you compare it to JFK. Its about same distance for me so defiantely an option. 

Since my town was pretty much shut down due to the snow i was looking at some cathay availability for jan 2016, and i was able to find about 5 seat on each flight in business only one in first class but thats not bad if you ask me. 

Message 15 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

i flew emirates to bkk in sept in econ and had bulk head seat whole flight , which would give me more leg room still was uncomfortable. The only mainland china airline i will fly is cathay, i don't trust the other ones lol. Btw have you looked at EWR to BKK on cathay i found an tad more availability when you compare it to JFK. Its about same distance for me so defiantely an option. 

Since my town was pretty much shut down due to the snow i was looking at some cathay availability for jan 2016, and i was able to find about 5 seat on each flight in business only one in first class but thats not bad if you ask me. 

I'm going to try to book biz class and then hope I can switch it to first as the date gets close. This way I can plan my trip. Looking to go next oct to china. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Transfer list?

I'm going to try to book biz class and then hope I can switch it to first as the date gets close. This way I can plan my trip. Looking to go next oct to china. 

sounds like an plan I am just looking ahead, i don't think i will be doing any big traveling till at least spring 2016, so i can't even book it yet. 

Message 17 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

How do I get a thread named after me?  Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

How do I get a thread named after me?  Smiley Tongue

lol whine about chase and korean air like i did haha. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.