cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Spending Criteria For Best Fico Score??

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Monthly Spending Criteria For Best Fico Score??

Even if you don't really have to use all of your credit cards each month, what is an ideal amount to charge on each one in order to get the most benefit in terms of Fico Score?  I know inactivity isn't always a good thing..

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Monthly Spending Criteria For Best Fico Score??

@RSCo wrote:

Even if you don't really have to use all of your credit cards each month, what is an ideal amount to charge on each one in order to get the most benefit in terms of Fico Score?  I know inactivity isn't always a good thing..

The view heard here is the best way to maximize is to have exactly one card report a balance (of a few %) and the others report 0, either by PIF before statement cuts or by not using them.

So if that is correct, there is no need to spend on each card.  The reason that you see people here doing small charges every few months on each card is to prevent the issuer closing for non-use, nothing to do with FICO concerns.  (Except of course that if the card is closed there may be score impacts)

Message 2 of 4
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

The view heard here is the best way to maximize is to have exactly one card report a balance (of a few %) and the others report 0, either by PIF before statement cuts or by not using them.

So if that is correct, there is no need to spend on each card.  The reason that you see people here doing small charges every few months on each card is to prevent the issuer closing for non-use, nothing to do with FICO concerns.  (Except of course that if the card is closed there may be score impacts)

+1.  No need to spend a certain amount on each card per month.  If you have cards that you aren't too fond of but want to keep open for util purposes, throw a pack of gum on them every couple of months.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 4
RSCo
Established Contributor

okay, good deal guys....

maybe i'll just rotate through 2 cards each month with small charges....

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.