Did you mean: 

Monthly spread of cards

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Monthly spread of cards

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

More than once or twice, it has been a big help to have my credit cards distributed evenly across the month. Another Visa/MC and Amex for every week in case the finances in the near future are a bit stretched. After all, who wants to pay interest not meeting the due date! Is this your system too, or does something else work better for you? 

The dates really don't matter for me but YMMV and you have to do whatever it is that works for you.  Everyone isn't in the same situation (income, pay dates, budget and so on), doesn't have the same management style, preferences, etc.

LOL!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recommend you look into a budgeting software, preferably YNAB (Google it) that is free for 35 days or so and $56 after that with discount code.  This budgeting software has helped tons of people get ahead by a month or so with bills.  You basically want to have a buffer so that when bills arrive the money is already there and no need to worry about due dates and pay dates.  I have  abig buffer, but for me it is nice to lay out my monthly spending for everything and knowing the money has already been set aside. 

There is a lot of free software out there that can help with budgetting and tracking spending. I don't see why you would pay for that service. 

Message 12 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

What's your take on it, if you get paid every two weeks rather than monthly? Kind of messes it up!

Message 13 of 14
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

What's your take on it, if you get paid every two weeks rather than monthly? Kind of messes it up!

When I got paid monthly, I liked everything at the beginning of the month (since I got paid on the last business day of the month). I get paid weekly now so it doesn't really matter, lol. I have both my cards cut around the same time every month (7th-10th-ish) and my health insurance comes out on the 1st of the month. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.