Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More AMEX bonus restrictions

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

More AMEX bonus restrictions

So I was on the Hilton site looking at stuff and saw the ad for the no AF hilton card. I have the Surpass, but was curious what the current benefits are, so I clicked on it. On the AMEX application, I saw the following:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

So if you have AN AMEX card, you might not get it? And they also say anyone who has had this card before is ineligible.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: More AMEX bonus restrictions

Seems easy to fix.

you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer.

Just call or chat with AMEX.  Keep a copy of the chat.   It would seem difficult to limit CC holders to one rewards program.  Which product has priority?

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 2 of 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Fico2Go wrote:

Seems easy to fix.

you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer.

Just call or chat with AMEX.  Keep a copy of the chat.   It would seem difficult to limit CC holders to one rewards program.  Which product has priority?

Just thought it was weird.  I don't churn, and I'm happy with my Surpass, just thought it was weird. Plus the second line states you are not eligible, not may not be, so this seems to back up that other post where someone said that AMEX might be switching to lifetime bonuses.

Message 3 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@msf12555 wrote:

So I was on the Hilton site looking at stuff and saw the ad for the no AF hilton card. I have the Surpass, but was curious what the current benefits are, so I clicked on it. On the AMEX application, I saw the following:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

So if you have AN AMEX card, you might not get it? And they also say anyone who has had this card before is ineligible.

I doubt Amex is going to limit people to one bonus across all amex products. If they did so that would be a significant hit to their business. Someone has a BCE card and now they can never get another bonus again on any amex card? That would just be absurd.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.