cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

tag
TroysMom1
Contributor

Re: More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

After reading some of the posts, I'm afraid that some of the CLI requests might have resulted in a hard pull, and my plan was to apply for the consolidation loan from my credit union next week.  I don't want anything to jeopardize my chances of being approved.  All of them asked me to update my income information, but that was it.  There was no disclaimer about reviewing my credit (like Citi usually does), and the answer was instant.  Only one card gave me the 7-10 day message, and I thought it was because they had recently increased my limit.

I'm really hoping I didn't do myself more harm than good.

Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be completely within their right to do so as a request for additional credit was made.
Message 52 of 54
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

I can only speak for myself, but I have hit the luv button over the past 2 years, with and without success, at least 100 times all together on my Capital One, Comenity, and Synchrony cards, and I have never had one single hard pull. I cannot speak for anyone else and I cannot speak for any other lender but for the aforementioned 3 lenders, I can tell you that they have never given me a HP. I get the 7-10 day message all the time when I am not eligible for a CLI but never a HP from them. Also, most of the time they will send a letter when you receive the 7-10 day message, but again, no HP. Hope this helps. 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 53 of 54
TroysMom1
Contributor

It does help... thanks Divaofsongs!

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.