cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

I have had EB, VS and JCREW each over one year.  Good spend on EB, small or medium on JC (depending upon how you define it)  and only one purchase at beginning on VS.  All have given me at least 2 CLIs and JC has given me 3; all via luv button.  PIF all except EB once which was paid in 2 cycles.  AAO high, avg Fico 695 and no baddies on any report.  Here's the rub:  Not only does the luv button not work for me any longer but the reason for denials is that I need to establish a proven payment track record!  I'm thinking the real reason is that all balances have been at zero for past 3 months and they really just want me to spend money on the cards.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Do you think I am right w/my hypothesis?  Please and thank you!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: More COMENITY luv button crazy antics....

Of course they want you to use the card and I would take the denial as the reason you mentioned.. CLI's are given if you need them, if you aren't using any of the CL, then no need for CLI's

Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Jcrew card as well. My fico scores are pretty close to yours. I get one CLI every few weeks with the exception of when the card hit the 6 month mark. I was able to repeatedly hit the CLI button for 16 or 17 times, which is what I have widely seen reported here. I have seen 20+ CLIs since I first received the card less than a year ago. Only purchase ever on the card was a pair of socks when I first received it. Not sure why you arent having success.
Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had EB, VS and JCREW each over one year.  Good spend on EB, small or medium on JC (depending upon how you define it)  and only one purchase at beginning on VS.  All have given me at least 2 CLIs and JC has given me 3; all via luv button.  PIF all except EB once which was paid in 2 cycles.  AAO high, avg Fico 695 and no baddies on any report.  Here's the rub:  Not only does the luv button not work for me any longer but the reason for denials is that I need to establish a proven payment track record!  I'm thinking the real reason is that all balances have been at zero for past 3 months and they really just want me to spend money on the cards.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Do you think I am right w/my hypothesis?  Please and thank you!

I have J Crew and Overstiock.  I have gotten a 300.00 increase on each one after 31 days.  I did buy a small item on each that I actually use, so it wasn't a waste.  I have heard every month on day 31, you can get an increase. I have another 15 days before I do it again.  I will post.

Message 4 of 54
ErikaC1
New Contributor

I hit the luv button on the New York and Co card yesterday twice and got a CLI of $200 each time. No luck on VS or Express.

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

No spend, no CLI.
Message 6 of 54
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Express receives the bulk of my money and the increases have been good.  I can actually shop there without worrying about maxing out my credit card.  However, jcrew on the other hand I just don't get it.  I love to shop there but my increases are always denied.  I just don't believing in maxing out my credit card with them.  So I buy little things and put it on my jcrew card and large purchases I put on my major credit card because I don't have to worry about my utilization. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No spend, no CLI.

False

Message 8 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
No spend, no CLI.

False

Perhaps not with all their cards as witnessed by the Barney's fiasco, but in general for revolving credit this applies.

Message 9 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only speak for the JCrew card, but I had plenty o CLI with 0 spend.
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.