Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Card Closing Fun!

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: More Card Closing Fun!

Congrats Ray! You're my idol! Btw, I'm at $133k on 15 cards........I'd like to cut a few off too, but I'm not in the 790s yet
Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 18
Luscher
Valued Contributor

why did you close the bce? what are using now in place of that?

thanks
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 12 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

thanks

I would guess the Cosco card or the target card for groceries.   The BCE card isn't that great as a rewards card, the cap and the fact it is only 3% greatly reduces its value.

Message 13 of 18
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

that's why there was the blue cash Perferred? just that i don't like the AF

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 14 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

that's why there was the blue cash Perferred? just that i don't like the AF

Well, neither card is that great as a reward earner, again because of the cap, so BCP maxes out at $360 a year on groceries, -75 fee = $285.  The BCE gives $180.

As mentioned in several recent posts, BETWEEN these cards, BCP is nearly always the better choice, because of a higher bonus, and because you can buy gift cards at the supermarket to use in stores and restaurants and in effect get 6% off there.

But that is the better of the two.  Depending on spend and goals, there are cards that might be better, especially those without a cap.

Message 15 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

great run ray.

whats your current util right now?

me bieng younger, i have TONS of time too work on my portfolio. 

i was dumb and ended up opening a bunch of cards i really didnt need. but i thought thats all i could get approved for. 

in the next 3 years i want too drop down too 5 or less as well (right now i have 10) 

whats your income if you dont mind me asking? and how many inq's do you have on your reports? lol 

Util is 2% - I use the cards for daily life and let them report. Each is PIF of course.

Income grater than $150k but will not give an exact figure!  Smiley Surprised

INQ's - at least 10 across all 3... Those are coming down as they age off of course.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@resilient wrote:
Congrats Ray! You're my idol! Btw, I'm at $133k on 15 cards........I'd like to cut a few off too, but I'm not in the 790s yet

You have many cards based on your signature.  Smiley Happy

You will get there. Took us two years to get to this point in life.

Ray

Message 17 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

thanks

Target Visa and Coscto Amex. SInce my wife qworks for Target Corporate, guess where we get the majority of groceries!  Smiley Very Happy

Ray

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.