Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More GE INQ's removed

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: More GE INQ's removed

@LS2982 wrote:

TU is just something else about INQ's! I highly doubt the OC said remove them becausae they would go from EX/EQ too.

Aside from CK, I really don't monitor TU. Can't see a point to monitoring 1 or 2 inquiries.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

TU is just something else about INQ's! I highly doubt the OC said remove them becausae they would go from EX/EQ too.

Aside from CK, I really don't monitor TU. Can't see a point to monitoring 1 or 2 inquiries.

I have to monitor ALL of my reports, its an obsession Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 26
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I had a credit union one removed for some reason I noticed this week.  Weird!

drkaje wrote:

That's probably good score-wise but probably won't be very useful in cases where a manual review is done.

How would anyone know they were there if they're now gone?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 13 of 26
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Smug wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Smug wrote:
Two months ago they removed 70 inqs from me for no reason

Smug, you had 70 inq?! Serously?

Typo lol on my iPad , lost 7 for no reason , they just started coming off about 2 or 3 a week for a few weeks, they were not due to come off at all and not TRYing to get them off *wink*
That is the same thing that happened to me, im not conplaning.
Message 14 of 26
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I have to monitor ALL of my reports, its an obsession Smiley Very Happy

Me too, but im also an id theft person too.
Message 15 of 26
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

I had a credit union one removed for some reason I notice this week.  Weird!

@drkaje wrote:

That's probably good score-wise but probably won't be very useful in cases where a manual review is done.

I'm terrible at math but there are times things just don't add up. I mean really; if you reviewed someone's report and saw 15 new accounts but no inquiries, what would be the first thing that came to mind? Smiley Happy Is it even remotely likely 15 companies extended credit without pulling a report?

I'm not against doing everything possible to look presentable but think we sometimes have unrealistic expectations. Best example I can think of is plus-sized people in spandex, no one is fooled. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I'm terrible at math but there are times things just don't add up. I mean really; if you reviewed someone's report and saw 15 new accounts but no inquiries, what would be the first thing that came to mind? Smiley Happy Is it even remotely likely 15 companies extended credit without pulling a report?

I'm not against doing everything possible to look presentable but think we sometimes have unrealistic expectations. Best example I can think of is plus-sized people in spandex, no one is fooled. Smiley Happy

Thats just wrong Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 26
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS,

I was just trying to come up with a visual example. No offense was inteneded. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drkaje wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Or they could have pulled other bureaus...I doubt you will find a credit analyst who will really give it much thought.
Message 19 of 26
chan85
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Or they could have pulled other bureaus...I doubt you will find a credit analyst who will really give it much thought.

umm i work for BOA and thats exactly what they do- give it thought... if you have a bunch of new cards and they are doing manual review, they will be concerned about all those new accounts. everytime i pull my credit, the feedback that's given is "you have too many inqs and creditors may see this as high risk because you are desperate for credit". so i truly believe in a manul review, they will see the exact same thing. its a risk, regardless of the inqs appearing or not, if a customer has too many new accounts. i have seen this exact thing noted on accounts by credit analysts......

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.