Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More USAA Secured Credit Card Info

tag
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

Re: More USAA Secured Credit Card Info

Be persistent. I'm a limited member too, and I heard those same responses a few times from USAA. They finally sent me an app, and I was just approved for the secured card. Word of warning though. Mail your app certified mail as they lost mine. I had to fax it and was approved 2 days later. They placed my secured CD on hold for 14 days, then will mail the credit card after that period. By the way, they just faxed me an app for my wife, so you can get it faxed to you if you push hard enough. Good luck. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the info ScottsdaleDad. Did a CD account sit on your homepage for a while before your card got added? And then get hit with an EQ inquiry later as well? Just wondering if I need to call for an update and ask why the inquiry if no card has been processed yet.

Message 12 of 18
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

My CD just posted today and the CSR said the funds transfer was processed today. Still hasn't come out of my bank account yet. I talked to the CSR today, and she said it takes 14 days, so that's probably when the card will show up on my homepage. I haven't seen a hard pull yet, so I'm not sure if I can still be turned down. I'll keep you posted. I would follow up though as that has sped up my application.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called two days ago and they told me it takes 14 days as well, which won't be until next Tuesday so I guess I'm just being impatient. What sucks is that the day that I called is when I ended up getting the hard pull, so I hope my calling didn't prompt the inquiry. Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 18
wynter1126
Established Member

Hello Everyone!

I just called, asked for the secured credit card department and asked for an application.  Its funny because after 3 emails on USAA's website and all of them saying that its either a pilot program, or its not offer to partial members, I called in and the application was sent.  How easy was that...so i say, Just CAll!!!

Good luck,

Wynter

Starting Score: 450
Current Score: 600
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I emailed them first and they said they'd put a request out so I can get an app and they said they'd see if there was any left and send it within 10 days. Then someone hooked me up with one so I faxed it in and it seemed to work, until everything I mentioned ended up happening

I may just be impatient and still be in, but its gonna cost me an inquiry now which stinks. I regret not opening a usaa account, transfering my money, then using that to fund the secured cc.

Wait.  So if you already have a checking/savings account with USAA, you won't get dinged with an inquiry if you are able to apply for the secured card?  Does the card unsecure after the CD matures?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait.  So if you already have a checking/savings account with USAA, you won't get dinged with an inquiry if you are able to apply for the secured card?  Does the card unsecure after the CD matures?

I don't know how they determine who they pull and who they don't. Someone else on another board got a hard EQ as well and he's a full member with checking, savings and insurance. It seems the majority of the people people don't get hit with an inquiry though.

They claim the card can be unsecured after a year, but the CD they opened up for me is for two years, so I'm not sure how that works out.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in yesterday because it has been 14 days since my deposit cleard and the nice lady said ok I will process this today. I logged in this morning and my profile now shows a mastercard. Great customer service and I'm finally in! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.