Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More love for NFCU

tag
TBOY012
Valued Member

More love for NFCU

I got to open an account with them through my father who is overseas. They checked to see if he had an account and luckily he did so I was sponsored under his name.

Applied for the cashRewards just now and got approved for 5k limit at 13% + prime and has now become my highest limit card. Highest limit before this card was 700 so

IM rather ecstatic about this acct. No no apping for this year.

Hopefully.. lol

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: More love for NFCU

Congrats. Treat NFCU right and they will take care of you very well. But just be aware that they NEVER forgive and forget if you mess up and allow a card or credit account to go to chargeoff. Many forum members have reported calling in and requesting CLI's at 6 months. But if you do nothing they will auto CLI at 1 year usually, and that is based only on your history and soft pulls.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

congrats!  NFCU has great rates on autos and mortgages as well...  Here's to a long and mutual fruitful relationship with NFCU!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

Treat Navy well. They rule so far! I opened in Jan.

I was able to request a CLI last week and I was approved (went from a $16K CL to a $20K CL) without issue (denied on the auto and was told it would be sent for approval and it was approved). This CLI happened after only having the account two months so I'm happy.

That being said, it is a YYMMV on getting that to happen and I recommend you just let it rest for 6 months (I get stupid sometimes Smiley Tongue)

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 4 of 5
TBOY012
Valued Member

Thanks guys, im still suprised on the approval. I applied over the phone so im not sure if that helped at all or not. Seeing how they approved me for this cc, I will be looking forward to getting an autoloan and possibly another cc from them so I can go head and cancel the majority of the cc with af's.

NFCU forever!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.