Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one Capital one card????

tag
jmco
Contributor

More than one Capital one card????

hi All,

seems as though many of us have capital one cards so I am wondering if most of you applied for a secondary (better) capital one card and if so how long after the original approval did you try for the next one..... my husband and I both have CO platinum cards, each with $500 credit line but DH was thinking of trying for the cash rewards card...

we have had our cards since dec 2011....thoughts?

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: More than one Capital one card????

I have 3 (4 if you count BBRZMC). I started with a secured card, than moved to the NHCR card and last added the MTV visa, than CAP1 took over my BBRZMC. I got the 2nd card after 4 mo and the 3rd card 3 months after that. I am closing a few of them after the first of the year.

Message 2 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I'm not getting any more cards that require a triple HP by default. As a policy I will not accept that. Ill get CSP over Venture.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 15
jmco
Contributor

humm...ok so did they offer you those other cards or did you just apply for them?  i chatted with a CO rep the other day and told him i was trying to avoid the HPs so where they willing to upgrade the card I had...he said they didn't have an offer for me at the moment but I could always just apply for another card???  i am wondering if it's worth it...

Message 4 of 15
jmco
Contributor

good point duncanrr!!!!

Message 5 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
I'm not getting any more cards that require a triple HP by default. As a policy I will not accept that. Ill get CSP over Venture.

+ 1 Heo no i going to get $500 credit line with 3 HP........ah ah I'll pass

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

No I apped for them all (pre-myFICO for me) I just used them to establish positive lines of credit and the have since outgrown their purpose.

Message 7 of 15
toppers555
Established Contributor

Had 4 pure cp1 cards 2 HSBC . I had enough of Capitol one nonsense and closed the 4 pure cp1 accounts. I will keep the orchard and maybe the bestbuy if they waive annual fee otherwise they getting axed after I apply for cash+ in may.Also they never hit me with 3hp combo for any of my accounts.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 8 of 15
jmco
Contributor

thanks all.....pretty convinced not to go for it now....  Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

@jmco wrote:

thanks all.....pretty convinced not to go for it now....  Smiley LOL

With your scores the HPs are not going to really affect you. If you get another Cap1 card and keep a LOW balance (under $10) it should help you establish positive history and help your score. Cap1 is a better rebuild option compared to what is out there....the don't do squat for CLI, PC's or much else really, but what the DO is help you rebuild and if you do it right you will outgrow them and move on.

Edit for sp

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.