Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More vicarious apps

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

More vicarious apps

Getting my daughters to apply for cards is almost as good as doing it yourself.  Just did it with my younger daughter, instant approval for BCE, and we can now plan the 61 day CLI!   Unfortunately, with only 2 kids, there is a limit to this, so to those addicted and young, plan on having lots of kids!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: More vicarious apps

LMAO! Congrats to her.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 12
Biraeta
Valued Member

Friends too..I got my best freind to app for discover and then a week later she got a capitol one ..we were both stunned when her CL was 10K....Its exciting waiting for the approval and not getting the hard pull lol... my kids are too young but boy o boy it will be fun when they get a little exspecialy if i feel they are real responsible.

Jumped out the Garden! But I'm running back with Roses!

Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe you should add this to the 'you know you are a credit card geek' list. Lol
Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Of course, it's a little ruined in that my kids aren't that excited by it!  My older daughter walked in when the approval came up, and said "Oh, I have that card" and the younger one deadpanned "This is the most exciting day of my life."  Obviously not brought up properly...

Message 5 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Maybe you should add this to the 'you know you are a credit card geek' list. Lol

She shoots she scores yes add to list 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Of course, it's a little ruined in that my kids aren't that excited by it!  My older daughter walked in when the approval came up, and said "Oh, I have that card" and the younger one deadpanned "This is the most exciting day of my life."  Obviously not brought up properly...

Laugh, heaven forbid they're not already addicted to credit card approvals!

        
Message 7 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

lol grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 12
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I think when the time comes for us, our daughters will spend about 3 months, 30min a day just reading the Rebuilding forums before they get to app for their first card.

This way they know going in what will happen if they screw it up.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:
I think when the time comes for us, our daughters will spend about 3 months, 30min a day just reading the Rebuilding forums before they get to app for their first card.

This way they know going in what will happen if they screw it up.

LOL

No need to be that extreme. It's all about good money habits that are cultivated over time. As long as they're spending within their means / budget, everything will be okay.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.