Right..Right! Thanks guys!

Credit Cards

Store Cards
i
Message 11 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Morgan Stanley Amex!!!

Actually in this case they could ~ as long as they are issued ( underwritten ) by AMEX they can be backdated:

The Morgan Stanley Cards from American Express are issued by American Express Bank, FSB, not Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Actually in this case they could ~ as long as they are issued ( underwritten ) by AMEX they can be backdated:

The Morgan Stanley Cards from American Express are issued by American Express Bank, FSB, not Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

I stand corrected! In this case they should backdate and come with all the typical Amex benefits.

Message 13 of 24
lurk2mem1
Valued Member

This is incentive. I'll give it a try in a few weeks and let you guys know the results. I just got the Costco Amex a couple weeks ago, so I'm going to wait a bit before applying.

Thanks!

Credit Cards

Store Cards
i
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow shows how fickle I am, as soon as I saw the card I just thought, wow I want it. No good reason for it. I feel like I want to make an investment collection. Have fidelity amex, JP Morgan Select, morgan stanley amex. Thinking of investing $5 in each of these places to qualify ha ha ha ha Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 24
lurk2mem1
Valued Member

Ok.. I'll admit.. I lied to all of you and to myself......Smiley Embarassed

I apped for the card and was Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley LOL

It's similar to an Amex Green but it's a revolver.. $3k CL to start. and I will do the CLI in 61 days.. And yes, they do backdate!!

This will be my 5th Amex card averaging 12 years a card.. I'm in love with them and I think the kinda like me right now! I think I'm done for now..

No for real this time.. LOL

Credit Cards

Store Cards
i
Message 16 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@lurk2mem1 wrote:

I apped for the card and was Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley LOL

It's similar to an Amex Green but it's a revolver.. $3k CL to start. and I will do the CLI in 61 days.. And yes, they do backdate!!

This will be my 5th Amex card averaging 12 years a card.. I'm in love with them and I think the kinda like me right now! I think I'm done for now..

Congrats on the approval !!!   What was the AF for this one, something like $100 or $150 ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

O' man I love my AmEx Costco card.  I'm always getting some awesome deals and you get a lot back at the end of the year!  I'm going to look into this other one you speak of but you know I have a Navy Fed card that I just can't seem to see or get any better deals that what I have with it.  So I'm not sure I need anything else but it would be cool to have like a Platinum AmEx card one day just to have it!

Message 18 of 24
lurk2mem1
Valued Member

@pizzadude wrote:

@lurk2mem1 wrote:

Congrats on the approval !!!   What was the AF for this one, something like $100 or $150 ?

The AF is $95, waived for the first 12 months, similar to the Green Amex.

Credit Cards

Store Cards
i
Message 19 of 24
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

So, do you have to set up a brokerage account with them before you even apply for this?

And what is the minimum deposit for a brokerage account?

Then, where do you find a link to apply for the card?  I could dig around the site for 1/2 hour, but if you could clarify some of this I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.