cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage to CSP... Edit: AND SPG *gasp*

tag
mgm4g5

Mortgage to CSP... Edit: AND SPG *gasp*

I just went through that crazy mortgage process and closed last week... I figure my score is going to be impacted as soon as the mortgage show up, so why not go ahead and try for CSP...

Applied and... instant approval! Yay! 7K limit.

Profile:
3 scores ~750s
Cards:
CSP (7K)
Chase Freedom (3K)
Some other Chase card (1.4K)
Paypal Card (2K)
Best Buy Card (2K)
Barclay US Airways Card (5K)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage to CSP...

Congrats on the house and the CSP.

Message 2 of 15
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Congrats on Both, that's a nice starting limit!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 15
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Congrats on both!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

félicitations

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 15
flyingace
Valued Member

@mgm4g5 wrote:

I just went through that crazy mortgage process and closed last week... I figure my score is going to be impacted as soon as the mortgage show up, so why not go ahead and try for CSP...

Profile:

3 scores ~750s

Cards:

CSP (7K)

Chase Freedom (3K)

Paypal Card (2K)
Best Buy Card (2K)

Sorry, I've never bought a house before, but does the close really affect the CR that much? Or moreso than anything else?

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 7 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mgm4g5 wrote:

Profile:

3 scores ~750s

Cards:

CSP (7K)

Chase Freedom (3K)

Paypal Card (2K)
Best Buy Card (2K)

CONGRATS!!!!

Smiley Very Happy at some other chase card!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 15
mgm4g5

Thanks all! I'm out of control though -- I got the bug and also applied for an AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest and got instant approval :/ it did not show me a credit limit.

That's all for now, I don't want to destroy my credit just to get sweet rewards. I think the CSP gave 40K points and the SPG gave 25K.
Message 9 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage to CSP... Edit: AND SPG *gasp*

Grats!!!!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.