cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Effective Response for "Why do you want a CLI"?

tag
burberryboy007
Valued Member

Re: Most Effective Response for "Why do you want a CLI"?

Or like those people who research commentary and strategies for more effective salary negotiations in an effort to maximize their lifetime income potential and set up a secure future for their families. What a bunch of idiots...

American Express Gold Card NPSL | NEFCU Platinum Visa 7.5k | Amazon Store Card 6.5k | Discover More 5.5k | American Express Delta Gold Skymiles 3k | Barclaycard Arrival+ 1.5k |
Starting Score: 664
Current Score: 745
Goal Score: 800

Message 21 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@NoNonsense wrote:

Whatever you say, you probably shouldn't say what really applies to a number lot of people in this forum:

I have low self-esteem and try to boost it by playing this credit line game in which I try to demonstrate that mine is bigger than yours...

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 22 of 25
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

Whatever you say, you probably shouldn't say what really applies to a number lot of people in this forum:

I have low self-esteem and try to boost it by playing this credit line game in which I try to demonstrate that mine is bigger than yours...

I guffawed. Sadly, I think there is a lot of truth there.

The one time I asked for a CLI I told them balance transfer (which was the truth). It worked, they doubled my credit line. I ended up not doing the balance transfer. I was going to help friend, but thank God I did not.

Message 23 of 25
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

Funny but true. 

Message 24 of 25
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

I want more credit "to lower my utilization" line doesn't work with Discover.

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.