Did you mean: 

Most Prestigious Credit Cards?!

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Most Prestigious Credit Cards?!

@Anonymous wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX1 wrote:

I hope so...ever since I saw that bash by Family Guy...I'm kinda been like ehhh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZL27H_yxk

One of the writers probably got a low SL.

ROFL, That was like nine years ago right around Discover went out on its own and it was difficult to find places that took it. They have 61 million card holders now so while the joke is funny it is not really applicable anymore. The theory back then was anyone could get the discover card and basically people using it were too poor to get other credit cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 51 of 68
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX1 wrote:

I hope so...ever since I saw that bash by Family Guy...I'm kinda been like ehhh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZL27H_yxk

One of the writers probably got a low SL.

Or worse, denied Smiley Happy

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 52 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

image.jpeg

The JP Morgan Executive card is pretty prestigious. Truly a powerful card, this is the kind of card that they give to business travelers who need to spend big. This is the kind of card they put penthouse suite reservations on. This is the kind of card that they give celebrities assistant's so that they can buy that celebrity whatever their heart desires. A $12,000 charge to a card like this is nothing. I was in an executive office when I actually saw one.

There's so much that this card comes with. It comes with JP Morgan Concierge Service which comprises of a concierge service team that can assist with a pretty much anything you can think of and its just a phone call away. It's too much to list here but just look at this pamphlet.

https://www.jpmorgan.com/cm/BlobServer?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobkey=id&blobwhere=115...

Message 53 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

This one is my favorite credit card in the whole wide world. 

You can keep your AMEX Black cards and give me Darth "mofo" Vader looking cool and all kinds of bad a*s any day and watch the eyes pop around you when you pull it out of your wallet like a Jedi pulls out his light saber.

The ladies swoon for Darth I'm telling you. Smiley Wink

Darth-Vader-FRONT-BACK-Chase-Card.jpg

Message 54 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting answers, but the real answer is the metal card that makes the most sound (metallic) when dropped on the counter. No, not one of the "Luxury Cards" I believe that honor goes to the Ritz-Carlton card is the heaviest.  Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can keep your AMEX Black cards and give me Darth "mofo" Vader looking cool and all kinds of bad a*s any day and watch the eyes pop around you when you pull it out of your wallet like a Jedi pulls out his light saber.

I have to agree!!!!

Message 56 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

image.jpeg

The JP Morgan Executive card is pretty prestigious. Truly a powerful card, this is the kind of card that they give to business travelers who need to spend big. This is the kind of card they put penthouse suite reservations on. This is the kind of card that they give celebrities assistant's so that they can buy that celebrity whatever their heart desires. A $12,000 charge to a card like this is nothing. I was in an executive office when I actually saw one.

There's so much that this card comes with. It comes with JP Morgan Concierge Service which comprises of a concierge service team that can assist with a pretty much anything you can think of and its just a phone call away. It's too much to list here but just look at this pamphlet.

https://www.jpmorgan.com/cm/BlobServer?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1158587539989&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobnocache=true&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment;filename=JPM%20Executive%20Welcome%20Brochure.pdf

That pamphlet makes me wet
Message 57 of 68
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX1 wrote:

Maybe prestige isn't the correct word, it isn't about ego.

Yet, afuche & galahad15 completely understand the question and the angle that I am trying to approach.

+1 on cards with the lowest APR, wasn't aware of these cards, will definitely look in those

+1 on the QuickSilver Card. Capital One actually upgraded my QuickSilver One card to the one with no 'member fee,'  just a few months ago.

Ahhh but it is if you search through similar threads on MyFico - start with "Black Card" and the newer spin off Gold Card (Barclays) and even with the rich-income cards like AmEx Centurian, the annual fee makes little sense. A credit card is just a way to spend YOUR money without carrying cash, the benefits and cash back is usually paid with AF's, higher APR's and higher swipe fees. Marketing 101 "image over substance" make them feel special and they'll throw money at you to be a "insider". 

Yes I know high travel business people have needs, been there done that, but I don't travel much by air anymore and since it was my business (I was actually paying expenses) a Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn are a better value over Ritz or Hyatt, et al. 

Another example: Just look at how many folks have the Disney Card (Chase with AF), the Marvel Card (GE/Syn with high APR) and the Star Trek card (NASA FCU with added cost for the image) - simple "sucessful" marketing - it's just a way to spend your money without carrying cash. 

Message 58 of 68
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to agree!!!!

Yup!  I'm a lady and I'm swooningSmiley Wink

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 59 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stars Wars = the ultimate aphrodisiac Smiley Very Happy

88ce19b29c10f9d5a3a11d37808e2aa6.jpg

Message 60 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.