cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

tag
wallstreet777

Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

Not counting centurion, what do you guys think are the hardest to approve for? Or most prestigious? I'd like to add 1 more card, not sure if there is something out there I don't know about. Thanks.
Amex Gold (NPSL) - Amex BCE (18,000) - Chase Freedom ($14000) - Capital One Rewards (4500)
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

Chase sapphire preferred, citi prestige? Product chance bce to bcp?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 39
grubs
Valued Member

J.p Morgan's palladium. Well that is in the same category as the centurion and I don't think they are hard to get you just have to spend like 250,000 a year.
Message 3 of 39
mojobones89
Contributor

@wallstreet777 wrote:
Not counting centurion, what do you guys think are the hardest to approve for? Or most prestigious? I'd like to add 1 more card, not sure if there is something out there I don't know about. Thanks.

amex,discover,citi,chase,etc.

all have certain cards that are prestigious.

any world MC

or SIGN. VISA is good.

bottom question,what is it that you need it for.

upgrade ur GOLD to a PRG or PLAT

your BCE to a BCP.

your chase freedom to a chase freedom SIGN.

your capital one rewards to a WORLD MC

Message 4 of 39
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

i agree the J.P Morgan Palladium but you don't need to spend 250k like the centurion and the AF is i think 450.  The catch is you have to have a chase private banker and from reading posts on here those people tend to have a net worth 5-30 million.  I have heard both that is why the AF isn't as high because they are making money off of you in different ways.

Message 5 of 39
bs6054
Valued Contributor

There was a thread on this fairly recently.  One point there, you need to decide if you mean presigious in the general population, or for MyFico.

Around 58% of the adult population have "good" scores, above 700, and so most can get most of the desired cards sought on this forum.  CSP, Visa Sig World Mastercard aren't a big deal to most, they can get them and not even be aware that some credit cards are Sig/World/WorldElite and others aren't.

Message 6 of 39
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I can't think of any prestigious cards in the US market, the lenders create pretty compelling products but then dilute them with basic approval criteria. Citi Prestige can be issued with as low as $2,000 limit and CSP is just $5k, these are very accessible lines. Visa Infinite is probably the most prestigious since it cannot be issued below $25,000. If we had cards like that here, they would probably be prestigious.

Message 7 of 39
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Simmons First Platinum card.  Very hard to get.

Message 8 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@wallstreet777 wrote:

Simmons first Visa

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

i agree the J.P Morgan Palladium but you don't need to spend 250k like the centurion and the AF is i think 450.  The catch is you have to have a chase private banker and from reading posts on here those people tend to have a net worth 5-30 million.  I have heard both that is why the AF isn't as high because they are making money off of you in different ways.

AF on the JP Palladium is $595 Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.