Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

Not counting centurion, what do you guys think are the hardest to approve for? Or most prestigious? I'd like to add 1 more card, not sure if there is something out there I don't know about. Thanks.
Amex Gold (NPSL) - Amex BCE (18,000) - Chase Freedom ($14000) - Capital One Rewards (4500)
Super Contributor

Re: Most Prestigious (harder to get approved)

Chase sapphire preferred, citi prestige? Product chance bce to bcp?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Member

J.p Morgan's palladium. Well that is in the same category as the centurion and I don't think they are hard to get you just have to spend like 250,000 a year.
Contributor

wallstreet777 wrote:
Not counting centurion, what do you guys think are the hardest to approve for? Or most prestigious? I'd like to add 1 more card, not sure if there is something out there I don't know about. Thanks.

amex,discover,citi,chase,etc.

all have certain cards that are prestigious.

any world MC

or SIGN. VISA is good.

bottom question,what is it that you need it for.

upgrade ur GOLD to a PRG or PLAT

your BCE to a BCP.

your chase freedom to a chase freedom SIGN.

your capital one rewards to a WORLD MC

Valued Contributor

i agree the J.P Morgan Palladium but you don't need to spend 250k like the centurion and the AF is i think 450.  The catch is you have to have a chase private banker and from reading posts on here those people tend to have a net worth 5-30 million.  I have heard both that is why the AF isn't as high because they are making money off of you in different ways.

Valued Contributor

There was a thread on this fairly recently.  One point there, you need to decide if you mean presigious in the general population, or for MyFico.

Around 58% of the adult population have "good" scores, above 700, and so most can get most of the desired cards sought on this forum.  CSP, Visa Sig World Mastercard aren't a big deal to most, they can get them and not even be aware that some credit cards are Sig/World/WorldElite and others aren't.

Valued Contributor

I can't think of any prestigious cards in the US market, the lenders create pretty compelling products but then dilute them with basic approval criteria. Citi Prestige can be issued with as low as $2,000 limit and CSP is just $5k, these are very accessible lines. Visa Infinite is probably the most prestigious since it cannot be issued below $25,000. If we had cards like that here, they would probably be prestigious.

Valued Contributor

Simmons First Platinum card.  Very hard to get.

Mega Contributor

wallstreet777 wrote:

Simmons first Visa

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor

ezdoesit wrote:

i agree the J.P Morgan Palladium but you don't need to spend 250k like the centurion and the AF is i think 450.  The catch is you have to have a chase private banker and from reading posts on here those people tend to have a net worth 5-30 million.  I have heard both that is why the AF isn't as high because they are making money off of you in different ways.

AF on the JP Palladium is $595 :smileyhappy:

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.