Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most creative way to join NFCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most creative way to join NFCU?

We know what the NFCU website says.  But what's the most creative, out-of-the-box way to legitimately join NFCU?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
BearOSO
Contributor

Re: Most creative way to join NFCU?

You can do what I did and join the Marines. 

Message 2 of 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

the point of having eligibility requirements to legitimatley join makes it hard to think "outside the box" to be creative in trying to join. If you're eligible to legitimately join than no creative thinking should be needed.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@BearOSO wrote:

thank you for your service....IMO, seems like the OP is just phishing for idea's on how to join.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 22
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@BearOSO wrote:

Heart this answer! 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 22
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@BearOSO wrote:

thank you for your service....IMO, seems like the OP is just phishing for idea's on how to join.

I second this.  Thank you and your family.  I live on an Army base and work daily with 20 servicemen and women who are here.  I try to thank them everytime I see them.

Message 6 of 22
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Here we go again....sighhhh

A person not eligible to join looking for loopholes.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Marry an active duty or retired service man/woman...join...divorice immediately...

If you're not eligible to join you're not eligible, no one here is gonna magically have a way to join, nor would they give it to you if they did. 

#Lie #Cheat #Steal

Message 8 of 22
starry1
Valued Contributor

I guess you could walk up to the nearest sailor and tell him you'd do anything to be able to join. Stress the anything part.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 9 of 22
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I know some people in the military that might be looking to get married Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.