Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most prestigious cards

tag
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Re: Most prestigious cards

I saw this some time ago. Perhaps there is an updated one out there somewhere? Still.. pretty impressive list!

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 11 of 21
skigirl916
Established Contributor

The first few cards made me feel really poor...

Message 12 of 21
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

What about the Palladium?  No one mentioned it but it probably wouldn't be a prestigious because so few would have heard about it but I would think if you handed it to someone that they would be wowed and would probably look it up.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezdoesit wrote:

What about the Palladium?  No one mentioned it but it probably wouldn't be a prestigious because so few would have heard about it but I would think if you handed it to someone that they would be wowed and would probably look it up.

Palladium was on the list...

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Great thread.

They forgot to mention First Premier!

With a name like that, It MUST be prestigious. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Great thread.

They forgot to mention First Premier!

With a name like that, It MUST be prestigious. Smiley Wink

Lmfao. That was a good one. Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Pretty strange list.  On the main list, they include the easy to get Amex Plat, and then have some cards you might be able to get instead of the prestigious ones, and include the CSP, which is certainly harder to get than Amex Plat....

Message 17 of 21
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

LL, interesting point with CSP being harder to get than Amex Plat. Very true. Exclusivity on Amex Plat has certainly diminished but never thought it'd be easier to acquire than a CSP.
Message 18 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
LL, interesting point with CSP being harder to get than Amex Plat. Very true. Exclusivity on Amex Plat has certainly diminished but never thought it'd be easier to acquire than a CSP.

Common wisdom is that all the non-invite charge cards (green, gold, PRG, and Plat) have the same underwriting standard, just depends how much annual fee you are willing to pay for the benefits.   And Amex charge cards are easier to get than many Amex credit cards.   The CSP, while not hard, does seem to be firm on a minimum CL of $5K.

Message 19 of 21
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Well I got my PRG after the third attempt. My CSP was instant approval. I'm sure other factors determined by both creditors took part in my approvals. maybe on the third attempt Amex saw I now had a CSP and they wanted to give me a shot to take me away from Chase lol
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.