cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most times you've hit the Cap1 BUTTON in a week?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Most times you've hit the Cap1 BUTTON in a week?

@SSA_2013 wrote:
The irony to this situation is that a few years ago...Capital One rarely offered credit limit increases at all. In fact, they never had an online button until so many people called their executive offices requesting increases. Once that occurred they started directing people to representatives and their new CLI button. I would be cautious about hitting the button too many times in a week as they may consider it risky behavior/lending and trigger AA.

I'm not sure we have heard any reports of AA from hitting the CLI button with cap 1. There have been many posts of people hitting it all the time and never having AA taken. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 30
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

red259 wrote:

SSA_2013 wrote:
The irony to this situation is that a few years ago...Capital One rarely offered credit limit increases at all. In fact, they never had an online button until so many people called their executive offices requesting increases. Once that occurred they started directing people to representatives and their new CLI button. I would be cautious about hitting the button too many times in a week as they may consider it risky behavior/lending and trigger AA.

I'm not sure we have heard any reports of AA from hitting the CLI button with cap 1. There have been many posts of people hitting it all the time and never having AA taken. 

Interesting...I remember multiple threads of Amex triggering FR when users entered multiple tries on their spend checker. One would think all banks would follow similar practices if it one hit the button multiple times in a week. At the very least I would hope it places a fraud alert/lock.

Message 12 of 30
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

On another note, I hit the button soon after an increase once and i was sent a letter stating I was not approved due to the recent increase. I figured Synchrony was one of the few that granted additional increases after a CLI.
Message 13 of 30
red259
Super Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

Interesting...I remember multiple threads of Amex triggering FR when users entered multiple tries on their spend checker. One would think all banks would follow similar practices if it one hit the button multiple times in a week. At the very least I would hope it places a fraud alert/lock.

Lenders don't all follow the same policies. Amex is different and if I recall correctly I think the Amex issue was over people using the check spending button where you enter different amounts to see how much you can spend. That is different than a CLI button. 

;
Message 14 of 30
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

Lenders don't all follow the same policies. Amex is different and if I recall correctly I think the Amex issue was over people using the check spending button where you enter different amounts to see how much you can spend. That is different than a CLI button. 

Although the buttons are different...some would view it as similar purpose. In essence, to extend credit...the difference being AMEX doesn't give you a hard limit on their charge cards (with some exceptions). Here on myfico we care about utilization, scores, etc. In the regular market most look at CLI as available spending similar to AMEX.
Message 15 of 30
red259
Super Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

Although the buttons are different...some would view it as similar purpose. In essence, to extend credit...the difference being AMEX doesn't give you a hard limit on their charge cards (with some exceptions). Here on myfico we care about utilization, scores, etc. In the regular market most look at CLI as available spending similar to AMEX.

Make no mistake about it. Amex charge cards have limits. They just don't tell you what it is. Also, there is a difference between a person clicking a cap 1 button for a CLI and a person checking on amex if their 30k charge will be approved over and over. Most people using the check spending button on amex are using it to see if their charge will go through therefore amex takes that inquiry somewhat seriously if they keep getting asked about it.  

;
Message 16 of 30
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

I am now curious how Capital One would take multiple requsts of 30K in a week Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 30
red259
Super Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

I am now curious how Capital One would take multiple requsts of 30K in a week Smiley LOL

They would tell you to app for a new card. 

;
Message 18 of 30
elim
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@SSA_2013 wrote:

They would tell you to app for a new card. 

lol, and approve you for it.  crazy lately

Message 19 of 30
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Just for data points. I had reached my 6 months date from prior cli and hit the luv button 4 days in a row, and kept getting a denial notice due to recent cli. Then a day later letter I so happen to check my account and saw a 5k increase. So I don't know if I triggered a manual review or just a matter of coincidence of timing for my cli. Lol! Either way, I got want I wanted.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.