Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move CL to New Navy Card without HP

tag
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Move CL to New Navy Card without HP

Hello, 

I currently have 2 Navy Federal Credit cards, Flagship @ 18k and Cash Rewards @ 9k. I would like to get a 3rd Navy Card but do not want an additional HP. Has anyone had any success in Opening an additional account with a HP and just moving limits around? 

Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

As always... Thank you!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Move CL to New Navy Card without HP

@aloush11 wrote:

Hello, 

@I currently have 2 Navy Federal Credit cards, Flagship @ 18k and Cash Rewards @ 9k. I would like to get a 3rd Navy Card but do not want an additional HP. Has anyone had any success in Opening an additional account with a HP and just moving limits around? 

Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

As always... Thank you!

You might get a HP for talking about NFCU.

Haha, they are pretty HP happy. Not likely, but you can try.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 13
aloush11
Regular Contributor

lol I noticed. All my HP on Transunion are from Navy for the last year. Ill be in the garden after October 1st. Thats when ill complete my app spree

Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They use to do it no problem but think they changed policy
Message 4 of 13
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I moved partial of my CashRewards CL to my goRewards with a SP around two weeks ago.
Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@DigitalArk

OP was asking about opening a new card and moving an existing CL without a hp.
Message 6 of 13
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Oops...
Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

You can always call and ask. I know someone recently got a CLI from NFCU on a SP. I had not heard of them doing that before so anything is possible. Just don't say you want a new card too loud on here... they may HP all 3 CRAs for thinking about it.... twice

Message 9 of 13
hot4u
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

You can always call and ask. I know someone recently got a CLI from NFCU on a SP. I had not heard of them doing that before so anything is possible. Just don't say you want a new card too loud on here... they may HP all 3 CRAs for thinking about it.... twice

I got a CLI with a SP so yes it's possible.

Ordered Cruise tickets for a trip around the Islands here in Hawaii. Told them in email message " I'm big on not using over 20% of my utilization".

Bam...

.. They Increase CLI 50% and asked if there is anything else.

Have to Admit did it just to see if they would Smiley Tongue

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.