Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving, Change pre-approved letters?

tag
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

Moving, Change pre-approved letters?

So, I made this a new topic because I notice  lot of people in my complex leaving preapproval letters lying around (dangerous, no?)

What is the best way to get these letters sent to new address or to have these stopped?

For persons like me, in college and moving a lot, what is you guys recommendation?

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Moving, Change pre-approved letters?

@angelcred10 wrote:

So, I made this a new topic because I notice  lot of people in my complex leaving preapproval letters lying around (dangerous, no?)

What is the best way to get these letters sent to new address or to have these stopped?

For persons like me, in college and moving a lot, what is you guys recommendation?

Do you not have USPS forward your mail to your new address when you move?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 7
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

well, that's why I made the topic. I know in my case I have two address personally because I have my parents that receive my mail and my current one in a different city. Does this affect this?

Message 3 of 7
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

and honestly, I have never used that feature.

Message 4 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@angelcred10 wrote:

well, that's why I made the topic. I know in my case I have two address personally because I have my parents that receive my mail and my current one in a different city. Does this affect this?

Ahhh.  When you fill out the change of address paperwork, you write in your old address and your new address.  Only the mail that would be sent to the old address you provided will be rerouted.  Also, the forwarding isn't permanent.  AFAIK, mail gets forwarded for a year, then returned to sender for six months, then they drop you out of the system.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I just wanted to say that there is nothing dangerous about a preapproval. The social security number is left blank and I believe birth date is left blank too. You could always opt out to get the mailings to stop, but then you won't get any at all.

Message 6 of 7
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

I would think a combination of forwarding your mail with USPS and also deleting old addresses with the CRA's would do the trick.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.