Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving credit limits with cap one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving credit limits with cap one

@capitalkid wrote:
AFAIK , no they don't - not all lenders do this in fact I only know of BOA and Chase that does this.

Not a popular CC issuer but if you have 2 PNC cards they will move the limits around as well. 

Message 11 of 24
slund5499
Established Contributor

Can you PM me the link for Facebook EO to discuss CLI on 4 year old platinum card?

Thanks

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 12 of 24
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

They WILL not do it for anything, I've tried and pretty much was told no they don't do it. I don't see what the big deal is. You still have the same amount of exposure with them so why not just move the limit around and consolidate them. It's a pretty dumb rule if you ask me.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 13 of 24
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

I tried just the other day to fold QS into Venture and they told me they do not do that anymore.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 14 of 24
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Hearing this makes me want to cancel my sockdrawered Journey card & avoid Cap One for the rest of my life. 

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 15 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jon22guitar wrote:

Hearing this makes me want to cancel my sockdrawered Journey card & avoid Cap One for the rest of my life. 

If it's not providing the benefits as desired, why keep it?  They haven't combined CLs/accounts for a very, very long time.  It's their policy and there are plenty of other  choices.  Not sure how this impacts your line up if you only have 1 CC with them.

Message 16 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

well there are many of us that have had cap 1 for many years. and as other poster stated. cap 1 does not move credit limits. its just that simple. there is no guess work involved. you can contact who ever you like. it will not happen. so if you don't like answer as it appears. it is what it is. good luck.

Message 17 of 24
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@jon22guitar wrote:

If it's not providing the benefits as desired, why keep it?  They haven't combined CLs/accounts for a very, very long time.  It's their policy and there are plenty of other  choices.  Not sure how this impacts your line up if you only have 1 CC with them.

It is my longest open credit line. 

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

well there are many of us that have had cap 1 for many years. and as other poster stated. cap 1 does not move credit limits. its just that simple. there is no guess work involved. you can contact who ever you like. it will not happen. so if you don't like answer as it appears. it is what it is. good luck.

If they did, I'd combine my QS Visa and QS Plat MC to get $7,000 CL and get an upgrade to WMC.

Message 19 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

If they did, I'd combine my QS Visa and QS Plat MC to get $7,000 CL and get an upgrade to WMC.

I'm pretty sure limit has no issue on Wmc. As my upgrade from qs1 to quicksilver says it's a Wmc. Even says world on it. But only 3500 limit. So there was thread. I think credit magic has or had Wmc with 600 limit Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.