Moving credit limits with cap one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving credit limits with cap one

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

well there are many of us that have had cap 1 for many years. and as other poster stated. cap 1 does not move credit limits. its just that simple. there is no guess work involved. you can contact who ever you like. it will not happen. so if you don't like answer as it appears. it is what it is. good luck.

If they did, I'd combine my QS Visa and QS Plat MC to get $7,000 CL and get an upgrade to WMC.

I'm pretty sure limit has no issue on Wmc. As my upgrade from qs1 to quicksilver says it's a Wmc. Even says world on it. But only 3500 limit. So there was thread. I think credit magic has or had Wmc with 600 limit Smiley Sad

In that case, I'll call the forbidden number on monday get it done since my QS Plat MC limit is $4,000.

Message 21 of 24
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Personally, I'll keep one card at basic benefit level, but needs cash back (platinum equivalent). Why? WMC's and VS's charge higher swipe fees, and I do a lot of business with smaller businesses (it's the area I live in). Can always apply for the VS quicksilver later.

PS, rumor has it that credit Suisse analysts are predicting discover (DFS) is the most likely to win the Costco co branding. Costco has separated the network from the card co branding for the first time, putting Amex at a disadvantage. Discover has the lowest customer acquisition costs out of all the providers. Just putting out some analyst news I read in my brokerage account.
Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Personally, I'll keep one card at basic benefit level, but needs cash back (platinum equivalent). Why? WMC's and VS's charge higher swipe fees, and I do a lot of business with smaller businesses (it's the area I live in). Can always apply for the VS quicksilver later.

PS, rumor has it that credit Suisse analysts are predicting discover (DFS) is the most likely to win the Costco co branding. Costco has separated the network from the card co branding for the first time, putting Amex at a disadvantage. Discover has the lowest customer acquisition costs out of all the providers. Just putting out some analyst news I read in my brokerage account.

You knw. What you say may be true. I've been thinking. How can they give out 1.5% or 2% without taking a loss. Maybe that's why they want to give world or VS.  I wonder what the percentage is? I just can't imagine a giant like walmart paying extra. Maybe they are hitting the small guy. This is great. I'm gonna find out

Message 23 of 24
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@jon22guitar wrote:

Hearing this makes me want to cancel my sockdrawered Journey card & avoid Cap One for the rest of my life. 

If it's not providing the benefits as desired, why keep it?  They haven't combined CLs/accounts for a very, very long time.  It's their policy and there are plenty of other  choices.  Not sure how this impacts your line up if you only have 1 CC with them.

It is my longest open credit line. 

Then why not PC to QS and let a small recurrent payment post on autopay and keep trying for CLI (only SP and you get free EQ Fico if they deny CLI) but get another card that might be more useful to you. At some point the CLI button might work...it did for me. Good luck!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.