Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving credit lines with Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving credit lines with Chase

I did a quick search and turned up nil so asking now.  If I ask Chase to move some of my CL from my Ritz card to my Marriott will that will trigger a SP or HP (or neither)?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Moving credit lines with Chase

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a quick search and turned up nil so asking now.  If I ask Chase to move some of my CL from my Ritz card to my Marriott will that will trigger a SP or HP (or neither)?

From what I can remember, I believe there is no pull. Maybe a soft pull at worst. I don't recall anyone complaining about a hard pull to move credit lines with Chase.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I can remember, I believe there is no pull. Maybe a soft pull at worst. I don't recall anyone complaining about a hard pull to move credit lines with Chase.

The only reason I am hedging is I got those cards before the (5) card rule.  My most recent new card is 6/2015.

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

SP at most.  Chase is still great about moving limits

Message 4 of 10
onstar
Established Contributor

What's the best way to move CL?

Call?

Secure Message?

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 5 of 10
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Chase SM for me is the best line of communication. And they willl move CL's all day. I've moved one and moved it back within the same day. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shoulda, woulda, coulda....

live and learn, lol

So move limits from one card to another then back again? so combine 2 $10k cards to one $20k, then swap em back after you pay it off?

Message 7 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

From my time on the forums, Chase is the nicest with moving around CL's. You just have to make sure in order to move the entire credit line over, you have not had any recent activity on your card for 30 days. 

I want to move the CL of my Chase Sapphire but I am afraid they will start to look deeper into all my new accounts. But, I might secure message them about it since another poster had such good luck lol. 

Message 8 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Shoulda, woulda, coulda....

live and learn, lol

So move limits from one card to another then back again? so combine 2 $10k cards to one $20k, then swap em back after you pay it off?

I dont think that is a practice one should par-take in often. Chase offers the option but making a game out of it will definitely backfire at some point. But maybe not lol. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't think so, the person above me said they moved, then moved back same day. I'm looking at theoretical practices to understand the concept Smiley Happy

I recently closed a Slate card, not knowing I could have moved that CL to one of my other Chase cards Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.