cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving exposure from cards within bank without HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving exposure from cards within bank without HP?

I currently use the Citi Executive card, and I don't use the Platinum Select, and both are offering 50k sign up offers.  I had considered signing up for the Platinum Select to get the bonus miles, but I really don't want another inquiry in my report.  Does anyone know if I can have them pull, say 10k, from my Executive card and open a Platinum Select without pulling a credit report so that I can get the miles?  Then I can use it for a few months, and ask them to close it and move the exposure back? Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving exposure from cards within bank without HP?

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently use the Citi Executive card, and I don't use the Platinum Select, and both are offering 50k sign up offers.  I had considered signing up for the Platinum Select to get the bonus miles, but I really don't want another inquiry in my report.  Does anyone know if I can have them pull, say 10k, from my Executive card and open a Platinum Select without pulling a credit report so that I can get the miles?  Then I can use it for a few months, and ask them to close it and move the exposure back? Thanks so much!

Not going to happen.  If you want the 50K miles you are going to have to apply for the card and take the HP.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.