Did you mean: 

Moving limits among US Bank cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving limits among US Bank cards

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just call the number on the back of your card ask ask to transfer CL from one card to another.  They will sigh loudly, explain that it will be a HP and send the request to underwriting.  Within 2 business days it will be done. 

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Involver wrote:

It can be done, and they will HP TU.

How/who do you talk to? EO? I just got this question tonight. My supervisor said the only option was to apply for a CLI for the card in which you want the limit raised. Otherwise there is no option in my system to process this request Smiley Sad

That's what I am wondering. I AM The person on the other end sighing loudly. I have no option (having dug deeply though the programs I use to check) to be able to send any types of requests to underwriting for CL consolidation. The only option I have in my system is to process a CLI request. That's why I am wondering what magic powers my co-workers possess that they are able to do this lol.

LOL! Love how you guys notate the sighing going on over at US Bank....made me laugh Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 15
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I don't, OP, but I am sure someone can answer your question.

Most helpful reply EVER right there!

Anyway... 

I can confirm, as other said, it will be a HP for whatever reason. My wife had wanted to do the same. 

Cheers!

Message 12 of 15
uswala
Senior Contributor

I talked to their credit card department as well as bankers a couple of time each. They say the do not have an offer for Cash+ card upgrade for me, so I will have to apply for a new card instead. Additionally, a banker told me to open a Gold Checking account with me and once I open that I will get offers for cards which will be SP only. I do not know how correct she was. Any comments?

Message 13 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just call the number on the back of your card ask ask to transfer CL from one card to another.  They will sigh loudly, explain that it will be a HP and send the request to underwriting.  Within 2 business days it will be done. 

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Involver wrote:

It can be done, and they will HP TU.

How/who do you talk to? EO? I just got this question tonight. My supervisor said the only option was to apply for a CLI for the card in which you want the limit raised. Otherwise there is no option in my system to process this request Smiley Sad

That's what I am wondering. I AM The person on the other end sighing loudly. I have no option (having dug deeply though the programs I use to check) to be able to send any types of requests to underwriting for CL consolidation. The only option I have in my system is to process a CLI request. That's why I am wondering what magic powers my co-workers possess that they are able to do this lol.

The caller should ask to be transferred to the Credit Underwriters so they can discuss their options. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 14 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@uswala wrote:

I talked to their credit card department as well as bankers a couple of time each. They say the do not have an offer for Cash+ card upgrade for me, so I will have to apply for a new card instead. Additionally, a banker told me to open a Gold Checking account with me and once I open that I will get offers for cards which will be SP only. I do not know how correct she was. Any comments?

I could see where a $3k card would not have a Cash+ upgrade offer waiting. Were you going to transfer some limit from your first Cash+ to the Rewards card? Sure, it's a HP, but once that Rewards card is over $5k it should get a Cash+ upgrade option before too long.

I don't know about the SP offers for new cards with checking. I have checking at US Bank also, have since 2011. The first Cash+ call came in 2013, so that might or might not have been related to having the checking, but I'd bet it was a HP. (edit to add, yes HP on EX) If you already have two cards, I'd be skeptical whether you will see other card offers. Not that it's impossible, but I also kind of doubt the SP aspect. The mailer, yeah, that would be SP, the app, that's likely HP.

So then the next option is to app another Cash+, but even that steps into an unknown area. I'd tend to either let the Rewards card grow naturally (regular basic usage, doesn't have to be much) or transfer limit. Letting the Rewards grow to $5k then should evolve into a Cash+, and that sequence should be a SP upgrade (just an upgrade, really, the SP is done in the background all the time.) It just takes longer than the other options.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.