Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving limits with Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving limits with Chase?

you could but that's a round about way of doing that. you should have definitely thought of your plan before getting the slate. do you have any NFCU cards?
Message 11 of 36
Spanky23
Established Member

I'm doubting so but let's say I have a 6400 credit limit on my discover card. Could I transfer 2k from my freedom there, take a % hit and then transfer that to a chase slate? I don't see any cards that I would keep after paying off (maybe holding the 12-21 months for the 0% apr) because most of them don't offer rewards I like
Message 12 of 36
Spanky23
Established Member

I need to edit my op. I don't have the slate yet but with excellent credit and a good standing with chase I like my chances. Just didn't know if it was possible
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you could but i would ask discover if you have a BT offer and maybe see if they can waive the fee first. never hurts
Message 14 of 36
Spanky23
Established Member

I will check. I doubt it as I've had it for 2 years but doesn't hurt to ask
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

many people get offers after a few years
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's being in the interest phase of discover have anything to do with anything? Bt is separate from purchases.
Also you can bt to a checking account, or a bt check, then pay the balance from your checking
Message 17 of 36
Spanky23
Established Member

I just emailed them. So we'll wait and see. Thank you. Are you 100% sure I can bt from chase to discover back to chase? Don't wanna screw myself over since discover is also in interest phase
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

you won't be denied the BT.. it'll just take almost a month before it hits your slate.
Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're very very confused.
1. I didn't see it said, have you looked for BT offers on discovers site?
2. Are you aware bt apr and purchase apr are two separate things? It matters 0 if your in an interest period on a card, balance transfers generally have their own apr(some the same as purchase apr).
3. You can bt from chase to discover to chase to capital one to chase to capital one to discover to chase to capital one and back to chase. Good luck with the fee's.
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.