cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving up my credit card due dates and statement reporting..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving up my credit card due dates and statement reporting..

Hello,

My balance from last statement is too high and i'm applying for a mortgage and I need my balances to reflect on my credit report as $0 ASAP!   The statement date is in two weeks but I'm wondering if I push up my due date to Monday and pay my balances to 0 - would they report it to the credit bureaus a few days after like they would normally?   Or will they skip this statement period when reporting?  Theyre all Chase and Barclays credit cards.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving up my credit card due dates and statement reporting..

When I've looked at changing due dates for my cards, I recall it saying that it may take 1-2 billing cycles for the change to take effect. It could be different for each bank, though. If by "soon" you mean within the next couple of weeks, I'm not sure changing the due date now will help you.

Message 2 of 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Even if you were to change due date now, it won't be in effect until the next statement period.

Forget about due date, pay it full now and call to see if they can update your credit report right away.

Message 3 of 4
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I have heard that if you pay Chase down to 0, they will do an automatic out of cycle report.  But I haven't tested it out.  It might be only for people who carry a balance.   In any case, I would call once your payment posts.

I am sure you know this, but be sure to leave a small balance on one card.  Otherwise, you score will suffer.

Good luck with your mortgage.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.