Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr. Centurion Just Got FR'd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr. Centurion Just Got FR'd

Yes folks, apparently buying a new car on your Amex is NOT the best of ideas if you intend on flying under the radar. Sending forms in today.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Mr. Centurion Just Got FR'd

wait let me get this stright. you bought a new card with an amex? 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

wait let me get this stright. you bought a new card with an amex? 

...Yes... 

Message 3 of 84
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes folks, apparently buying a new car on your Amex is NOT the best of ideas if you intend on flying under the radar. Sending forms in today.

Weeeeeeh

Good luck with FR

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Weeeeeeh

Good luck with FR

Thank you. This give me the excuse I needed to app for palladium. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 84
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Car. 

Not card.

Message 6 of 84
bribro
Valued Contributor

Did they give you a hard time for putting (presumably) such a large charge on a credit card? I got some beef from a dealership credit department last time when I wanted to use my CC, probably because of the transaction fees they'll have to eat.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 84
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Haha you might have wanted to call in before making that purchase. All of their charge cards, yes even centurion, have internal limits. Depending on where your spending was for the month buying a new car on the card may have put you over the top and raised red flags with their system. pretty much any charge over 20,000.00 at one time will require you to call in and notify the card company.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 8 of 84
Crashem
Valued Contributor

What was the charge and did it go through?

I routinely put 30k+ charges on my card.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 84
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

my buddy bryant suggested tweeting @chasesupport for info on palladium, he's in charge of social media for chase. also I can get you a number to call if you want a person.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.