Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr. Centurion Just Got FR'd

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mr. Centurion Just Got FR'd

This makes me worry about getting FR on my Zync. I put between 1500-4k per month through the card. gross Annual Income is 121k.  My fiance's income is about 65k and he is an additional cardmember...  Should I be worred about FR?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 61 of 84
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I apped for the card Feb 4, got approved Feb 9 after address verification... got the card in the mail like 5-10 days later... 

So far spending YTD =

Payments -6,846.67

Pay In Full Charges 8,404.78

Pay Over Time Charges 0.00

Credits -146.76

Total 8,258.02

Current Balance on the card is 1,411.35

FICO 9:

Message 62 of 84
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

33% Travel and Transportation

13% Restaurant

26% Merchandise and Supplies

23% Communications

6% Business Services

FICO 9:

Message 63 of 84
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I think you're worrying for nothing.  You should be fine.  In comparison, we typically put $5k to $7k each month through Amex cards (Gold & Optima) and always PIF.  My annual salary is approximately $132k and my hubby's is $154k.

Been a cardmember for 23 year and have never been FR'd (knocking on wood!).

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 64 of 84
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

And why do all of you, who KNOW he is lying continue to stroke his ego...

Edited to avoid an inevitable flame war and keep a good thread alive Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 65 of 84
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@CribDuchess wrote:

I think you're worrying for nothing.  You should be fine.  In comparison, we typically put $5k to $7k each month through Amex cards (Gold & Optima) and always PIF.  My annual salary is approximately $132k and my hubby's is $154k.

Been a cardmember for 23 year and have never been FR'd (knocking on wood!).

Thats good to know!  Me and Joey are both fairly young..  I'm 30, he's 34. We got a 20 yr mortgage instead of a 30 yr mortgage, and everything we own is paid for except for 1 vehicle, which is on a 36 month loan at 4% with NFCU.   maybe Joey getting his own Amex later on, but it works for us that I manage the finances and make sure the bills get paid on time. I can see us spending more later on down the road as his career rebounds and as I take advantage of promotions.  In the event that I'm promoted at work to a position which requires even more travel than I currently do, would you recommend an Amex Business or Amex Plum so that I can keep some of these travel expense balances from reporting? Does it even really matter if Amex posts a 5k balance?

FICO 9:

Message 66 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

Edited to avoid an inevitable flame war and keep a good thread alive Smiley Very Happy

I would get Pd but smc would say its aluminum and from my grandpa. Smiley Very Happy I mean, how else would you come to the conclusion that not having cards for a week is stroking my ego.

@web I dont think you have anything to worry about. This was a weird/not normal purchase. Im fine with the FR. Its not as bad as others make it out to be.

Message 67 of 84
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

I would get Pd but smc would say its aluminum and from my grandpa. Smiley Very Happy I mean, how else would you come to the conclusion that not having cards for a week is stroking my ego.

@web I dont think you have anything to worry about. This was a weird/not normal purchase. Im fine with the FR. Its not as bad as others make it out to be.

@Anonymous, Thanks for the insight!  I think I will stick with Amex, they seem to like me so far. No FR... as for the haters out there... don't worry about them... there's always going to be haters hating. They've done it to me too on different things. haters are always gonna be haters

FICO 9:

Message 68 of 84
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

CreditCrusader wrote:

The mods thank you.

Message 69 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous, Thanks for the insight!  I think I will stick with Amex, they seem to like me so far. No FR... as for the haters out there... don't worry about them... there's always going to be haters hating. They've done it to me too on different things. haters are always gonna be haters

I dont think people see that you pay more for benefits, not limits/spending power. Im sure zync could do the same if you have verified income. As for FR's I dont worry about them and suggest you do the same. If they happen to do anything to your accounts there always seems to be Chase with welcoming arms. I simply pulled out the Amex's from my wallet, put JP Select and Sapphire and went on with my day. No big deal. Smiley Happy

And thanks btw.

Message 70 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.