cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Much to my surprise---Walmart CL Increase!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Much to my surprise---Walmart CL Increase!!!!

Was really SHOCKED when I went to pay my bill on Friday. I got a CLI of $500 more and didn't even have to ask. I'm happy Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Much to my surprise---Walmart CL Increase!!!!

Congrats on yoru CLI! If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had the card for?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card back in October-2010...... Do you have one also? If so, how long have you had it?

Message 3 of 12
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

GEMB (Walmart) usually gives automatic CLI's every 4 months.  If it's not automatic after your 4th month, then it is suggested to use the LUV button on their website (CLI request button).  Just make sure that you actually use the card at least once a month.

Secret:  Make a small purchase (candy or soda) and select the Cash Back option for the maximum amount, then walk over to the KIOSK payment machine or Guest Services to payback the Cash Back + the amount for the soda/candy (give a couple extra bucks just to cover yourself).  And, there you have it!  You've just made your somewhat large purchase for the month without really spending a bundle.  Do that once a month and watch your automatic increases go up, Up, and UP.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are super nice!!! Thanks for the advice...

Message 5 of 12
Datx
Valued Contributor

I got mine around August or Sept 2010. Have not yet received a CLI on it yet. I waited for the 4th statement to cut on it and made sure my balance was low before I requested a CLI online. No dice. Even waited for the 5th statement and still nothing. I stopped requesting for CLI's on it and just waiting for one now.

Message 6 of 12
vish1
Valued Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

GEMB (Walmart) usually gives automatic CLI's every 4 months.  If it's not automatic after your 4th month, then it is suggested to use the LUV button on their website (CLI request button).  Just make sure that you actually use the card at least once a month.

Secret:  Make a small purchase (candy or soda) and select the Cash Back option for the maximum amount, then walk over to the KIOSK payment machine or Guest Services to payback the Cash Back + the amount for the soda/candy (give a couple extra bucks just to cover yourself).  And, there you have it!  You've just made your somewhat large purchase for the month without really spending a bundle.  Do that once a month and watch your automatic increases go up, Up, and UP.

Yes, they are pretty good at CLIs in the beginning (my JCP card went from 300 - 1800 in abt 7 months) and this is why I keep suggesting their card to people who are building (or rebuilding). I feel GEMB cards are easy to get and actually gets you a good CL with no AF (may be a big deal for people new to credit as they cant find many cards with no AF)

Btw, good trick. Just wondering if they charge you a fee for cash back.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 12
grussell70
Contributor

i just got my increase as well. i started out with a 300 cl. i looked at my account today and i got a 400 cli. so i am now at 700 i've only had mine for 3 months it will be 4 months in april. i always by and pay in full after every transaction.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
CCOCD
Valued Member

ME TOO ME TOO!! Reading your posts and thought I should check and there it is $300.00 CLI! I love GEMB.If you haven't done so already,apply for the Universal AMEX.2.99% for 1st 6 months,after that firget it 23.99%

Starting Score: 672
Current Score: EQ ? TU 698
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for my girlfriends discover walmart. I am really irritaed about the whole thing. She has been denied twice now for a CLI and now is going into her 7th month having the card. She has used the card every month. She better get a CLI soon... only reason we got her the card was because GEMB is supposed to grow. My paypal card has grown for me and she has always had a little better score than me.

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

I got mine around August or Sept 2010. Have not yet received a CLI on it yet. I waited for the 4th statement to cut on it and made sure my balance was low before I requested a CLI online. No dice. Even waited for the 5th statement and still nothing. I stopped requesting for CLI's on it and just waiting for one now.

EDIT her statement just hit today- I told her to request another increase. Her third try. and BOOM. 3000 increase! Her credit line is now 3950!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.