Valued Contributor
Datx

Re: Much to my surprise---Walmart CL Increase!!!!

gbishere wrote:

Same for my girlfriends discover walmart. I am really irritaed about the whole thing. She has been denied twice now for a CLI and now is going into her 7th month having the card. She has used the card every month. She better get a CLI soon... only reason we got her the card was because GEMB is supposed to grow. My paypal card has grown for me and she has always had a little better score than me.

MyCreditStinks wrote:

I got mine around August or Sept 2010. Have not yet received a CLI on it yet. I waited for the 4th statement to cut on it and made sure my balance was low before I requested a CLI online. No dice. Even waited for the 5th statement and still nothing. I stopped requesting for CLI's on it and just waiting for one now.

EDIT her statement just hit today- I told her to request another increase. Her third try. and BOOM. 3000 increase! Her credit line is now 3950!!!

Wow, that is a very nice increase! Congrats to your GF. I went ahead and requested a CLI and just got one now. I think my balance was a bit too high on it so I only got a small $200 increase. Ah well, I'll wait for another 4 months and hit the luv button again.

TU: 603 – EQ: 569 – EX: N/A – May 2010

Established Contributor
JayRizzo

Re: Much to my surprise---Walmart CL Increase!!!!

Vish1, there's no fee for the cash back option at Walmart.  It is treated as a purchase.  You must make a purchase in order to select the Cash Back option, so I suggest a soda or candy for about $2, then do the advance and quick payback to show usage without carrying a balance.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}