Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi browser window apping...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Multi browser window apping...

I have three maybe four cards I am considering apping for as soon as my statements all report to the bureaus.  Disccover IT, Chase Freedom and Amex Prem Gold, followed by BCP if Amex prem gold is an instant approval.

Is it better to try a multi browser window setup or no? 

By multi browser window, I mean two computers with the apps up and filled out in separate windows so I can hit submit as close to simultaneously as possible.

Or is this sorta unethical?

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Multi browser window apping...

I wouldn't call it unethical. It would really only make a difference if who you were applying for pull the same Credit bureau. Otherwise it wouldn't matter. Like if you wanted to app for Amex and Chase at the same time or something. If you're not sure who they pull and you can't find the information, then it couldn't hurt just in case.

In my book, it's just simply using technology to your advantage Smiley Wink

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 12
Chris1

This method doesn't work with Chase. I tried with their Business Ink apps (applied for both the Ink Bold and Ink Cash Plus) and Chase pulled 2 hard inquires on Experian, 1 hard inquiry on Transunion, and one hard on Equifax  total.

Not sure about AMEX though.

Message 3 of 12
jeffery581
Established Contributor

IMHO. Inquiries will still show up. You can't fool the computers.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 4 of 12
Open123
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

I have three maybe four cards I am considering apping for as soon as my statements all report to the bureaus.  Disccover IT, Chase Freedom and Amex Prem Gold, followed by BCP if Amex prem gold is an instant approval.

Is it better to try a multi browser window setup or no? 

By multi browser window, I mean two computers with the apps up and filled out in separate windows so I can hit submit as close to simultaneously as possible.

Or is this sorta unethical?

When it comes to financial matters, I really don't see it as either unethical or ethical.  

Issuers are free to run their business with whatever strategies they deem fitting, and we as consumers can act as we deem fitting.  If they miscalculate or fail to see shortcoming of their strategy, we as consumers should expose and take advantage of their miscalculation.  They sure as heck do it to us enough.  

The two browser method no longer works for Citi, Amex, or Chase.  They have adjusted their system where a "second" application will automatically be delayed for 10 days before approval to ensure a 2nd hard pull.

Message 5 of 12
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Okay so I am over thinking it then.   Figures. Smiley Happy

Lets see how OCD I am:

1. I have a sheet of paper with the confirmed (yes I called to confirm) reconsideration numbers.

2. I have the location of each approval department geographical office so I won't call app during lunch or after hours

3. I will have printed copies of all three bureau reports on hand.

4. I updated my laptop just to make sure its OS is ready.

5. I will have three shot glasses of scotch (single malt goood stuff) on hand for medicinal purposes in the event of a denial.

6. I will have three shot glasses of scotch (single malt good stuff)  on hand for medicinal purposes in case of approval.

You get the picture here, right? lol

Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 6 of 12
Open123
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
5. I will have three shot glasses of scotch (single malt goood stuff) on hand for medicinal purposes in the event of a denial.

6. I will have three shot glasses of scotch (single malt good stuff)  on hand for medicinal purposes in case of approval.

All this would do is drive me to keep app'ing until denials start to pile up!

Is it too early for a 16 yr old Lagavulin?

Message 7 of 12
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

It is NEVER too early for Lagavulin 16 yr!!

Message 8 of 12
Open123
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

It is NEVER too early for Lagavulin 16 yr!!

Agreed!  Nothing quite like good peaty whisky before leaving a cold winter morning.

Message 9 of 12
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

IMHO. Inquiries will still show up. You can't fool the computers.

Yes the inquiries would still shownupnregardless but would apping like this have them HP at near the same time? For inquiry sensitive credit cards companies. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.