Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Amex card CLI Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Amex card CLI Question?

Hey everyone. I have a question about CLI's with Amex. I was able to get my 3X CLI on my BCP today after 62 days of having the card. I then apped for an Everyday card and was approved instantly. My question is I want to plan my next move in managing both cards and there limits. After getting the 3X increase on my BCP today am I now 180 days away from any increases on both cards? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Amex card CLI Question?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a question about CLI's with Amex. I was able to get my 3X CLI on my BCP today after 62 days of having the card. I then apped for an Everyday card and was approved instantly. My question is I want to plan my next move in managing both cards and there limits. After getting the 3X increase on my BCP today am I now 180 days away from any increases on both cards? Thanks!

Correct. You need to wait 180 days for another CLI, on either account.

Message 2 of 8
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

What you can do in 180 is get a CLI on one card and move limits around to bring them closer together in CL. Thats what I did with my cards. My ED got cli to 20k and i moved 8K of that to the BCE to get that to 10K. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info! Thanks all for the help!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

What you can do in 180 is get a CLI on one card and move limits around to bring them closer together in CL. Thats what I did with my cards. My ED got cli to 20k and i moved 8K of that to the BCE to get that to 10K. 

How old were the cards? I thought one had to have 13 statements cut and the donor card had to be 60 days old.

Message 5 of 8
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

How old were the cards? I thought one had to have 13 statements cut and the donor card had to be 60 days old.

That is correct. The donor card has to be at least 13 months old. For me the receiving card was only at 6 months while the donor was at 13 or 14 months. Hopefully in the next 180 days he or she will be at 13 months or close enough. Wont be long.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

That is correct. The donor card has to be at least 13 months old. For me the receiving card was only at 6 months while the donor was at 13 or 14 months. Hopefully in the next 180 days he or she will be at 13 months or close enough. Wont be long.

Right on the donor being 13 months/statements. It doesn't matter for the OP, but for the sake of completeness, sometimes people are told the receiving card has to be 60 days old and sometimes not. It must be a corporate policy rather than CARD act thing. I tripled my old TE and moved a bunch to my EDP right after I opened it (with a tiny limit to start)...but it took a few tries. 

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm apping.with Amex soon. This is good to know.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.